Saw this odd Toyota yesterday

guzzi850m2

As rixalex said, made by Thai Rung.

Its based on a Toyota Vigo chassis and engine, so handles like a truck. Loads of extra plastic and bling. I had a good look at one on display in a shopping mall near me I guess some people will love them, but for me not worth 1.6 million.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Well actually 2 next to each other. Green plates so for carrying paying passengers.

Spoke to one of the drivers, 1.6mill baht, 3.0l diesel engine (old Vigo/Fortuner engine?), lots of space inside, have 2 benches in the cargo compartment facing each other. 

Not interested myself but wonder if anybody knows something about them, there was a Thai logo on the back on both, so perhaps Thai developed?

It's a Thairung Transformer ll, so, yes, Thai developed using mainly Toyota parts.

2 hours ago, naboo said:

Its based on a Toyota Vigo chassis and engine, so handles like a truck. Loads of extra plastic and bling. I had a good look at one on display in a shopping mall near me I guess some people will love them, but for me not worth 1.6 million.

From the windscreen back it looks a lot like a Land Rover 110 station wagon.

I would like to have a good look at one but not at that price.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 10:33 AM, naboo said:

I believe the 1st generation was toyota chassis and engine. The newer one are no longer toyota engine.

They might as well just copy the hummer and sell more, this look like something a elementary school kid drew up.