Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oh the family man

Featured Replies

I worked last night with what I describe as a "beautiful" soul of a person

He was same age as me but a "family " man , proud to be a Grandfather

In fact his whole family lives in the 6 bedroom house he had worked and paid off the last 40 years

He is not interested in travelling overseas , he goes home to spend with his family grandkids etc

I asked him ...he said he has a fantastic life , goes to work smiling and goes home to his big family

To me ..that would be utter boredom...I don't want a family or a wife or crying kids running around

To him...and listening to him where he showed me pics of his family he loved that life

I imagine seeing all the old guys in Pattaya ...that YOUR family life didn't work out ???

You ALL had that life right 20-30 years ago?

That family life back in Farangland that you may or may not see anymore

What the hell happened to that sweet family life you had ?

The wife..mthe kids and probably now grandkids ..and where are you , somewhere in South East Asia ?

I was actually in that bar in Jomtien Pattaya opposite near Tinnies pies ,I think it was The last saloon or some ridiculous name...39 baht beers

I asked a few old guys sitting by themselves " where the hell is your family " ...I mean you came here from Australia or UK .. who the hell did you leave behind?

Did family like not suit you in the end?

Was it a sad ending ?

And you know what ...many of you have children back in farangland who have stopped communicating with you

Tell me guys , especially you guys in your 60's who moved to Thailand or Philippines or Cambodia etc ....tell me...was you a family man 20 years ago and who the hell did you leave behind "escaping " yes escaping to South East Asia ?

Who the hell did you leave behind?

Kids , grandkids and ex wife?

Who the hell did you run from ???

Who the bloody hell did you run from ???

Leaving kids grandkids behind !!

I brought a old guy to tears when he eventually told me his two grown up sons no longer spoke him when he divorced their mother and "escaped" legged it to Thailand for his "new" life sitting in 39 baht beers bars !

Edited by georgegeorgia

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 2

  • Dan O
  • worgeordie

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.