Brother bailed as police investigate mysterious disappearance of Australian expat and Thai wife

rooster59

Neither the husband or wife can be found, blood stains indicate a murder.

Unless DNA testing indicates two victims then anywhere world wide, if their’s murder involving a man and his wife the likelihood by a very wide margin is that the man murdered the woman and absconded.

The Thai authorities have been collecting his passport details on a regular basis for decades, it should not be difficult to put out an alert to find out if he has indeed travelled out of Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

My observation is that there are good and bad people everywhere (including farangland); I mean the UK does not have crime or people doing horrific things?

Regarding Thai women: get to know your partner before you marry them (and their family). My Thai wife and family are wonderful, have never asked money from me, would do anything for us, do so many things out of kindness and love for us. They are good honest people. I have known them 11 years, so the honeymoon period is over. Conclusion: get to know them before joining the family.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Neither the husband or wife can be found, blood stains indicate a murder.

Unless DNA testing indicates two victims then anywhere world wide, if their’s murder involving a man and his wife the likelihood by a very wide margin is that the man murdered the woman and absconded.

The Thai authorities have been collecting his passport details on a regular basis for decades, it should not be difficult to put out an alert to find out if he has indeed travelled out of Thailand.

Spot on.

After all their endless collection of information about 'farangs' domiciled in the kingdom must be more useful than a sparrow breaking wind-must it not?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Exactly the same as in every other country.  It's called bail and if it's available and the conditions can be met it not unreasonable for it to be granted even though some people here would never want to see a Thai person granted any concession due to them.

Yup; bail - introduced into English common law by Richard III - should be granted unless the state can satisfy the court that the accused is either (1) likely to abscond (2) interfere with witnesses, or (3) commit further offences whilst on bail. 

36 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

The truth is that most farang get into relationships with women and families from the very bottom of the Thai socioeconomic hierarchy. Let's think about it a little bit.

Thais, in the main, at all socioeconomic levels, are shifted heavily toward what westerners would consider rather low class and unethical cultural traits. So, when we consider that farangs usually marry into the most garbage of Thai families, this leads to a disproportionately high percentage of very negative relationship outcomes. 

I hope they find this couple safe 

This guy just boiled down Thai/farang relationships to its essence. You win the internet, sir.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MaiChai said:

My observation is that there are good and bad people everywhere (including farangland); I mean the UK does not have crime or people doing horrific things?

Regarding Thai women: get to know your partner before you marry them (and their family). My Thai wife and family are wonderful, have never asked money from me, would do anything for us, do so many things out of kindness and love for us. They are good honest people. I have known them 11 years, so the honeymoon period is over. Conclusion: get to know them before joining the family.

Ditto!

even to knowing them for the past 11 years, same same!

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Eeh lass, lets do it while bacon fries and none eh yer lip, reet by gum.

Yes but you have to treat them sometimes like open a door or two for them.yesterday I got her some clean water for washing the windows and car.last week I took her out shopping for clothes and got her a lovely pair of oven gloves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Yes but you have to treat them sometimes like open a door or two for them.yesterday I got her some clean water for washing the windows and car.last week I took her out shopping for clothes and got her a lovely pair of oven gloves.

Shoes? bad mistake.

This forum never fails, it always looks on the dark side and seems to bring out the worst in people!

Before generalizing so ridiculously  and   taking swipes at  all Thai folk ,  rich or poor  you need to have a good look at the quality of the  typical boozing sex maniac from Europe the USA and all the other so called superior Countries who make so excellent husbands and Fathers ! NOT!

Of course what I said above is rubbish I just wanted people like Soistalker to hear the other "angle" and know how it feels to be so stupidly labeled !

There are good and bad folk  and occasionally the bad can be good and the good can be bad !

Think about this last sentence and dwell a little before you immediately attack what I have written.

• Like 1

The pick-up's in my SOs name, the "house", such as it is, is in my SOs name, all funded by me; if I get near to death I may consider marrying her. An accidental death would be a disaster. Cos none of this is paid for and depends on my pension. You throw the dice and you make your choices. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nausea said:

The pick-up's in my SOs name, the "house", such as it is, is in my SOs name, all funded by me; if I get near to death I may consider marrying her. An accidental death would be a disaster. Cos none of this is paid for and depends on my pension. You throw the dice and you make your choices. 

An interesting take on things..

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Thailand has no reputation for not returning bail after a case, unless the offender absconds.

And there is plenty of those, ex politicians, family member of drink manufacturer, without even looking into who and when. 

24 minutes ago, nausea said:

A cunning stunt... 

Well, I had a surprise today. As I walked past Mrs Owl's open cupboard/wardrobe I saw about a dozen hand bags stuffed into a plastic bag.

"Wow!" Said I, "You buy at least one a month and they get stashed away in here forever.

You have any more hidden

away?"

"Oh, not too many 'cause when I get a new one, I give an old one away."

Can't argue with that logic. Same with her shoes. Easy come easy go.

• Like 1

Almost everything that’s been posted about the missing couple is wrong and that includes their family name (Tranlitteration error) and nationality. We have known them for 25 years and my wife spoke to the sister in law who is Thai anD lives in Scotland last night. She is on her way to Thailand to join her niece the daughter of the missing couple. 

I dont feel that I can give the family name at this time till it is officially released, however I’m sure that the family would appreciate it if people would stop the speculation about their dissapearance. 

Edited by DougSunee
Spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MaiChai said:

They`re obviously playing the long game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Exactly the same as in every other country.  It's called bail and if it's available and the conditions can be met it not unreasonable for it to be granted even though some people here would never want to see a Thai person granted any concession due to them.

Your Thai-bashing phobia just kicked in again. Suradit will approve.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 10:36 AM, Father Fintan Stack said:

Good luck being repaid in Thailand bud. 

Don't be dumb. So far, the procedure is correct. Held on suspicion and charged (theft of vehicle?), released on bail, to appear in court. Bail returned. The disappearance might turn into murder. Wait for police investigation.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:17 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

So a suspect in the disappearance has been set free already?

Money Number One.

Money may be Number One to you but anyone with any sense what so ever would question what grounds they had to hold him, what crime has he committed, or is being a suspect grounds to jail someone indefinitely?

• Like 1