I need a tablet

janclaes47

I travel to Europe next week and want to be able to check my emails and access websites needed for my business.

I have a Samsung Note 3 but that doesn't do it for me.

Thing should go for a 10 inch.

No need to bve fast enough to play games or whatever, and it has to be cheap, because on my return it will probably used very rarely

I found this Lenovo 10" which is acceptable in price for me, but I don't want to spend more on a tablet that will only be used for 2 weeks, and I don't know if it is any decent.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/lenovo-tablet-tab3-x70l-10-plus-za0y0049th-qc13rom-2gbrom-16gb-101fhd4g-lte-blue-1-i229956117-s351982593.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.34.384f7762jlIrVk&search=1

Any suggestions in this price range or lower, that would suit me better are welcome.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Will your phone not do for 2 weeks.

That's what I said in the OP, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Chuwi make cheap but OK tablets, can buy through Lazada. 

Chuwi was the first tablet I considered, but the reviews I found so far were quite disappointing.

57 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Ebay will take too long, as I leave in 7 days, so only Thailand based is considered.

If anyone has experience with the Lenovo, please let me know.

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

Rgar's what I said in the OP, isn't

Chuwi was the first tablet I considered, but the reviews I found so far were quite disappointing.

Ebay will take too long, as I leave in 7 days, so only Thailand based is considered.

If anyone has experience with the Lenovo, please let me know.

Sorry, I did not realise that a Samsung Note 3 was a phone. And yes, I have had Lenovo laptops in the past and was very satisfied with them.

9 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Yeah, as I said, they're OK, a Chewi tablet isn't about to set the World alight, but it will certainly see you through two weeks. Only potential downside is the cheap ones are WiFi only, no SIM. 

Cube tablets are very good for a cheaper tablet. This one is good spec. They do cheaper models too

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/alldocube-power-m3-4g-8000mah-101-19201200-ips-70-mt6753-octa-core-2gb32gb-i175839247-s220246843.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.103.4f444d6eCgXnfT&search=1

I still have a Sammy Note 3 too.   I do not want any phone without a replaceable battery.  At the moment that limits me to an LG V20 or nothing for the same level of phone but no shops sell them here and i will not buy one on the net without seeing it.   I can do everything on the Note 3. Even when I am away, except easily create documents for printing but with the right printer I could do that too at a pinch.  I also have a Huawei M3 tablet for when I want a bigger screen.  It is a hand me down from wife who needed a bigger screen for showing quotes to customers. She now has a Sammy S3 tablet.  But the screen size is not the limitation.  All three of the things do the same things and the S3 is the best to do Excel on etc....  The problem is that none of them are a replacement for a PC or notebook.  They aint the same thing.  Android or IOS and a touch screen is not the same as a full suite on a Windows or Apple (or Google Chrome) notebook.  You can scratch by with OTG add ons and bluetoothing to bigger screens etc but if you really need a notebook or a PC, I think you will find a tablet is just hard work.  The Huawei M3 has a gorgeous screen, comes with case and takes sim cards and extra data cards,  AND is real fast.  It's also only a fraction of the price (about only 30 to 40% ) of The Samsung  S3 & S4 10 inch tablets.

3 hours ago, micmichd said:

External SD card?

You can't add RAM by external sd card, that is ROM

3 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Why buy something that won't be used upon your return.

I would buy a new phone with a 6" screen like a Xiaomi for about the same price.

My Not 3 is 5.3" I think, but it's too small for my purpose.

My eyes are not that good anymore, so I have to enlarge the screen all the time, then move from one side to the other to click the buttons i need to click.

I don't think 6" will make a big difference.

In the mean time I found a Lenovo 120S -14iap laptop with 128Gb  ssd for 8780 Baht and a HP slim 14 bp010tu also with 128Gb ssd for 9900 Baht.

I will look up the reviews, but I guess I can live with one of these,

On 9/23/2018 at 8:44 AM, wgdanson said:

Sorry, I did not realise that a Samsung Note 3 was a phone. And yes, I have had Lenovo laptops in the past and was very satisfied with them.

I bought a Lenovo two in one about three months ago and thought it was great, now I'm in the UK it has been playing up, won't download, and sometimes when things go wrong I have to restart it. 

I just hope it is OK when I return to Thailand.

31 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I bought a Lenovo two in one about three months ago and thought it was great, now I'm in the UK it has been playing up, won't download, and sometimes when things go wrong I have to restart it. 

I just hope it is OK when I return to Thailand.

Maybe it's the cold weather in UK!

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

You mean dual OS?

I have been reading reviews about dual boot tablets and laptops, and since then I'm very wary about them.

flex6-11-feature-4.jpg?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MjU2Mjd8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xoMTcvaDFmLzk3MDgwNTM4ODkwNTQuanBnfGZmY2JhODQ2Y2ZjNWQ3YmI4YTkyM2Y1MmRhYjA3MzFhYTI5ZGRiN2ExY2Q5ZjU3MmRlNDY5YjQ0NTBjMDg0YjA&w=1920

Not dual OS but can be used like a laptop or a tablet but probably more than you want to spend. The range of brand name tablets isn't what is was a few years back as people increasingly use phones. Lenovo and Huawei are the most common of the big name players that aren't very expensive unless you can find an old Samsung like a Tab 4 10.1. Not a lot of bargains if you insist on a ten inch screen unless you try cheap unknown Chinese brands. 

24 minutes ago, kkerry said:

flex6-11-feature-4.jpg?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MjU2Mjd8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xoMTcvaDFmLzk3MDgwNTM4ODkwNTQuanBnfGZmY2JhODQ2Y2ZjNWQ3YmI4YTkyM2Y1MmRhYjA3MzFhYTI5ZGRiN2ExY2Q5ZjU3MmRlNDY5YjQ0NTBjMDg0YjA&w=1920

Not dual OS but can be used like a laptop or a tablet but probably more than you want to spend. The range of brand name tablets isn't what is was a few years back as people increasingly use phones. Lenovo and Huawei are the most common of the big name players that aren't very expensive unless you can find an old Samsung like a Tab 4 10.1. Not a lot of bargains if you insist on a ten inch screen unless you try cheap unknown Chinese brands. 

I found a few of them. Acer has 2 or 3 models, and Chuwi and lenovo also, but they are all dual boot, and also get poor reviews on the screen visibility. I haven't seen them in real, so I don't what they consider good or bad. The ones I found have an Atom processor and are less than 8K

4 minutes ago, RickTik said:

In electronics, if you buy the cheap stuff, you get what you pay for.

I strongly recommend the Samsung S4.

If you are going "used", then look for Samsung S2  9.7  

Where should I look online for credible second hand?

I'm very limited in time and lean more and more to the HP slim 14 bp010tu , as that has actually everything it needs, and at 9900 minus an extra 7% coupon doesn't kill the bank

Archived