VPN For Thailand

dwtgray

I have paid Zenmate fro 3 years, all good up to a couple of months ago. Now cannot get Channel 4, and hence my Rachel Riley fix, with either the Desktop client or Chrome exptension. Tried the NORD 3 day free trial.....no good. Express is next.

I use Ivacy, not free but decent bang for the buck. https://www.ivacy.com/

Works for the BBC / ITV etc. loads of decently fast servers around the world if you just need to get out of Thailand.

Yesterday. i got myself Ivacy. They have a nice offer. 1,650 THB for 2 years. Good for security and downloading on my mobile, iPad, laptop, desktop and Android box. However, no succes with BBC iPlayer. Either as Android app or Kodi app. Any advice?

Have you tried on your desktop, both the desktop App and Chrome plug-in are working for me. I'll have to try on the mobile later.

Occasionally one has to disconnect and re-connect the VPN so you get a new UK IP.

And I really hate the new BBC iPlayer TV Guide layout, grrr.

• Like 1

Have you tried on your desktop, both the desktop App and Chrome plug-in are working for me. I'll have to try on the mobile later.

Occasionally one has to disconnect and re-connect the VPN so you get a new UK IP.

And I really hate the new BBC iPlayer TV Guide layout, grrr.

Will give it a try. Thanks for your reply.

6 hours ago, aidenai said:

Will give it a try. Thanks for your reply.

After "extensive" testing last evening I found:-

• On the PC both the App and the Chrome extension worked fine with the BBC iPlayer via Chrome ????
  • On my Android tablet neither the iPlayer App nor iPlayer via the browser would work with the Ivacy Android App (content not available) ????
  • Everything works nicely using the VPN functionality of both Tomato (on an ancient Linksys) WRT54GL and Merlin (on a less ancient Asus RT-AC88U).

I'll drop Ivacy support a mail later (I suggest you do to), they've always been pretty good in the past.

• Like 1

From Ivacy support, note I've not tested this yet, hot off the press.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.
You are requested to please follow the steps and configure VPN manually on your android device then access BBC iPlayer.

Android L2TP:
Tap on Settings.
Tap on More Wireless.
Tap on “+” Icon.
Insert the following Info:
Insert Name: Ivacy L2TP
Type: Type: Select L2TP/IPSec PSK from drop down menu
Server Address: bbc-uk.dns2use.com 
IPSec pre-shared key: 12345678
Tap on Save.
Tap on Ivacy L2TP.
Insert your userame/ password 
Select “Save account information” and tap on Connect.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Regards,
Franklin
Ivacy Support Team

• Like 1

Hi,   Thanks for contacting us. You are requested to please follow the steps and configure VPN manually on your android device then access BBC iPlayer.   Android L2TP: Tap on Settings. Tap on More Wireless. Tap on “+” Icon. Insert the following Info: Insert Name: Ivacy L2TP Type: Type: Select L2TP/IPSec PSK from drop down menu Server Address: bbc-uk.dns2use.com  IPSec pre-shared key: 12345678 Tap on Save. Tap on Ivacy L2TP. Insert your userame/ password  Select “Save account information” and tap on Connect.   Feel free to contact us for further assistance.   Regards, Franklin Ivacy Support Team

Thank you very much. I tried BBC using Chrome with the Ivacy extension on my W10 laptop and that indeed worked. Thanks for that tip. Will try later to set the VPN manually on my adroid box if that is even possible. Will also try the Chrome solution on my TV box.

On 9/27/2018 at 6:42 AM, Crossy said:

I actually got around to trying this today, finally.

Note that this is the setup for the built-in Android VPN, you don't need (can remove) the Ivacy Android app.

It took as long as it takes to type in the settings to set up and connected and worked immediately (after I'd found my Ivacy login details). Works well with the limited testing I've done.

I expect that bbc-uk.dns2use.com will work in the router setup as well.

Unless somethings changed Hola works for iplayers BBC and ITV

If you're only interested in catch up tv worth perhaps subscribing to TVmucho where you can watch all live channels and catch up from UK

Havent subscribed because Hola has always worked but it was 48 Euro for a year. You can register and they give you 60 minutes a day anyway FOC

Works well and you can breeze through any adverts with couple clicks. I noticed on itv player (vpn or not) you now have to stay on the website for the adverts to play. If you tab off for couple minutes while they play the playback now stops

I actually got around to trying this today, finally.

Note that this is the setup for the built-in Android VPN, you don't need (can remove) the Ivacy Android app.

It took as long as it takes to type in the settings to set up and connected and worked immediately (after I'd found my Ivacy login details). Works well with the limited testing I've done.

I expect that bbc-uk.dns2use.com will work in the router setup as well.

Tried to connect many times. Every time got the message "Unsuccessful'. Looked at the settings over and over again. Simply doesn't work for me on my Android box.

I've been using 'My Expat Network' for several years to access UK TV. Very reliable and are always able to stay one step ahead of the BBC's attempts to close them out. They also have a first rate and friendly help desk for support if they are needed, which is not very often. Find them at:

https://www.my-expat-network.com/?gclid=CMKm8syUy6YCFQmMzAode095Iw

Edited by Moonlover

I use Witopia.  They have many servers around the world and are reasonably priced.  Their servers rarely go down, and they usually have more than one server in the country / region. 

Their support is 27/7 as well, and on the rare occasion I have had to contact them, I have had a live chat with someone with a couple of minutes.

https://www.personalvpn.com/

On 9/30/2018 at 9:09 PM, aidenai said:

Tried to connect many times. Every time got the message "Unsuccessful'. Looked at the settings over and over again. Simply doesn't work for me on my Android box.

Over the last week, Ivacy updated their apps and I think also their connection credentials. Everything is working perfectly now in regards to BBC iPlayer. i.e. the Windows 10 App, the Android App, the Chrome App and even the built-in VPN Android connection. Now I can really say, a good provider for a low price. About 1,700 THB for a two-years subscription. https://www.ivacy.com

Edited by aidenai