One motorcyclist killed, second injured in apparent road race in Bangkok

webfact

One motorcyclist killed, second injured in apparent road race

By The Nation

1347635875f49a9e3ff39aeb104bbfbd.jpeg

A motorcyclist was killed and another injured when their bikes, which a witness said were racing on a Bangkok road, grazed each other early on Tuesday.

The accident happened on Sukhaphibal 5 road in Bangkok’s Bang Khen district.

Police said Yospol Aksorn, 26, died of serious head injuries after he was thrown from his black Honda CBR motorcycle.

74888994c22f4cfc786585ebd5ef2cf8.jpeg

Decha Buanoi, 29, who drove a Ducati motorcycle, was injured and rushed to B.Care Medical Centre Hospital.

Chompu Kham-on, 53, a taxi driver, told police that he saw the two motorcyclists racing each other at high speed going in the opposite direction to his taxi. He said the bikes accidentally grazed each other, causing the CBR rider to be hurled from his bike while the Ducati hit his taxi.

fc891166c2eeb5dec434be6c988fe5cd.jpeg

Police have yet to check security camera footage before considering legal action against the survivor.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355170

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-25
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Im finding it difficult to feel sympathy here. These guys are in the mid 20s to 30 age bracket here , so really old enough to 1. know better and 2. show consideration to the general public.

One would wish to believe that, but the reality is different...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nikmar said:

Im finding it difficult to feel sympathy here. These guys are in the mid 20s to 30 age bracket here , so really old enough to 1. know better and 2. show consideration to the general public.

Responsibility is not taught in Thailand. It is a totally alien concept to them.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2018 at 11:56 AM, Henrik Andersen said:

No sympathy for me 

On 9/25/2018 at 7:06 PM, oldrunner said:

Hard to find any room for sympathy.

15 hours ago, Kim J said:

Good riddance to the deceased. Normal decent people are now safer without him.

11 hours ago, Rgreen88 said:

Improving the gene pool...

After all these similar comments, permit me to lighten the mood.

Wonder which bike was the fastest? My money is on the Ducati.

In the end these dufuses were doing what probably of us did when we were young. Difference is we lived to see another day.

My friends and I used to downhill race each other on some pretty steep ski slopes, we used to race everything from snowmobiles, to skateboards all the way down to the proverbial kitchen sink.

Being older and more fragile I don't endorse this behavior but I realize it is impossible to stop.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 12:02 PM, Kim J said:

Slightly different, in the fact that the activities you describe only endangered those that had chosen to take part. Racing any vehicle on public roads is endangering others and in my mind is not acceptable, not when I was younger and not now.

Not really, downhill skiing takes the skier to speeds that can actually cause great damage if the skier slams into another person.