Help please - selling our Toyota Innova in Bkk area

cliveshep

Firstly - I am sorry but I neither write nor speak Thai. We have a sliver Toyota Innova 2.0V mpv that is quite pretty, has the odd little scratch and chip but the two areas that get the most abuse from the road - the front and rear valance panels - have been resprayed. We are quite particular about servicing, and it gets serviced regularly, used to be in the Toyota Main Dealer until we found a highly professional garage SE of Bangkok, some distance from us, who carry out work to a high standard without charging the earth. 

Unlike Toyota who surprisingly do not have a hydraulic press, they will change a front wheel bearing and not the entire hub and stub axle assembly. I know because they did ours. We had both front suspensions renewed because me wife said Toyota said they were knackered-  they were not, rubber boots had split and again, with no press to change top and bottom swivels, Toyota blithely changed the lot just over a year ago. Swine! Our new garage would have checked and fitted new boots.

They changed the power-steering rack because, they quite rightly said, it had started leaking, They changed out the rear shocks as they looked a bit damp, again they took me under the car to see first. They diagnosed a faulty alternator, it had cooked our battery, and changed that. So one way and another the car is in good mechanical condition albeit expensively.

We now need to sell it to get something small and easy to park and that is the basis of my question. My wife was persuaded to take it to meet someone who would sell it for a good price, he probably would but not for us. It was a trade auction site. Currently an Innova commands 320,000 upwards for year and mileage and condition, with figures in the high 30's on One2Car and Kaidee, The trade of course think you are robbing THEM if you expect more than 250,000 baht, just like any used car salesmen the world over. 

Can anyone advise where we can advertise with a reasonable success rate privately? We ideally would need to sell over the next 5 weeks at a discounted price of 300,000 to 310,000 baht, because if we can sell quickly we don't have to renew our 10,000 baht class 1 insurance due end of October.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

advertising on facebook pages such as "bangkok buy sell trade", "Bangkok Expats" will reach the most viewers. Normally a car "tent" or reseller makes an average of 50,000 per car. So you should be able to get high 200,000 or low 300,000 for your car if you sell to them according to the listed market prices if nothing else needs to be fixed.

Thanks guys. Before we could do anything my wife found a site on her own, advertised the car unbeknown to me, and private buyers came last night and bought it at a good price so what a result? Today we meet them to sort the paperwork and payment.