computer accounts tutorial

notrub

I am looking for a tutorial  site that clearly explains accounts and passwords please.  I keep a written record of passwords BTW.  My main accounts are google, microsoft, FB and a host of others such as Skype, calibre ebook mngr etc.  When I sign in to skype, for example, they do not recognise my password and I am invited to change it.  When I do that it seems to also change my microsoft account.  To access some areas of my computer I need a computer device password, although I normally sign in with a pin number.  Then they go on and ask for my windows password and if I try to use the microsoft one they invite me to reset it which then seems to reset other accounts that are linked but not identified.  They use instruction like 'enter your account password'.  Account for what?!  Then identify yourself with your computer password!  I have 4 computers plus a tablet and a phone and they are all supposed to be synced so why do they not know that the HP has a new Microsoft password when I try to access something in the bedroom on the Asus (used for movies)?  And mixed up in all of this are the glinches in their systems that do not allow me to reset a password because my email is already used, for example.  Any sites like passwords and accounts for dummies or something?  Thanks for your help.