using Proton in Apple Mail

Sheryl

Anyone doing this? I am trying to but having huge problems.

I did the initial configuration using Proton bridge as per instructions. Initially worked fine but within a day I could no longer send emails via Apple Mail, only receive them. A few days after that could neither send nor receive through Apple Mail. Sending & receiving is fine using webmail, the issue is using Apple Mail.

Log shows error message as follows:

ERROR: Connecting failed for socket: 0x6000032b20c0, error: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=61 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Connection refused"

And then endless repetition of:

"Unscheduling input stream for bytes available callback on main run loop -- socket: 0x6000032a64e0 -- thread: 0x608005662000

followed by
"Scheduling input stream for bytes available callback on main run loop -- socket: 0x6000032a64e0 -- thread: 0x608005662000"

I cannot do anything with Proton Bridge. The app doesn't appear to open (clicking on it results in nothing happening) but when I try to delete the app so I can reinstall it, it says it can't because the app is open. Same occurs when I try to download it again and overwrite.

Email to Proton resulted in advise to change port settings, which did not work (and not getting a port occupied error message) and instructions to do various things through Bridge which I cannot for reasons above. No further reply when I informed them of inability to use Bridge.

I have already tried closing mail, restarting the computer. Still can't delete the Bridge app nor open it.

Seriously, am I the only person who has tried to use Proton with Apple Mail???

(Must say my experience to date suggests it does nto work at all well in Apple Mail...but would have though someone else would have tried it at least!).

I just asked a friend who is a little less technologically challenged than I am and he said that part of the problem is that proton is encrypted and if you close it, it will no longer work.   It has to be left open and minimized.  

I just asked a friend who is a little less technologically challenged than I am and he said that part of the problem is that proton is encrypted and if you close it, it will no longer work.   It has to be left open and minimized.  

That is by no means the whole problem but I do know what he means as I initially made rhe mistake if vlosing the screen and ultimately had to uninstall and reinstall to get it back.

Please ask him HOW to minimize it as there is no minimize option on the lirrle buttons on the upper left corner?

This issue aside, it simply does not work. Canmot send or receive.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived