2018 Honda CRV, second hand luxury, or ??

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

The 5 seat petrol looks a good buy. Try also to haggle a discount. I know someone got a 45K discount and interest only 0.89% on the diesel version - maybe the diesel doesn't sell well so they are pushing that hard. I think you can never recover the costs of a diesel over a petrol anyway, unless you do 50K km or more a year. I'm interested in this same car, but I'm going to wait to see the specs of the new accord and it's price. Did you push the test car to high rpm? How was the cvt? I have a cvt in my swift and it doesn't like to be pushed hard. It's just noisy and doesn't go fast 55

Ive had 3 Years with BMW, no probs, but ill

go back to a Honda when the new Accord arrives, there is something about Honda, they just feel right.

22 hours ago, DavisH said:

The 5 seat petrol looks a good buy. Try also to haggle a discount. I know someone got a 45K discount and interest only 0.89% on the diesel version - maybe the diesel doesn't sell well so they are pushing that hard. I think you can never recover the costs of a diesel over a petrol anyway, unless you do 50K km or more a year. I'm interested in this same car, but I'm going to wait to see the specs of the new accord and it's price. Did you push the test car to high rpm? How was the cvt? I have a cvt in my swift and it doesn't like to be pushed hard. It's just noisy and doesn't go fast 55

We put an offer in to a few Honda centres and waiting for a reply. 45k discount and 0.89% interest is about what they would offer without haggling much. We're trying to get 60k off and 0.44% interest (this rate is offered to old Honda customers anyway) plus a lot of extra stuff (for example some of the Modulo gear).

I was test driving it in Bangkok so the max speed I could do was around 90km/h and I did try to accelerate many times + drove fast into curves. I also wanted to test what the difference to my City is when I drive trough speed bumps and holes in the road. Was quite surprised that it felt about same as the City. I thought an SUV would smoothen the ride a lot over humps and holes. Anyway in general I was very happy with the test drive and it felt nice and smooth (very steady and firm compared to the smaller City). I have the CVT in my City and I've always been satisfied with that too. It's the only automatic car I've had so can't compare it to other systems. As for the fastness, quickness or acceleration I felt like it's about the same as the City, which is OK for me since the CRV is so much bigger. I think it's fast enough for an SUV. More important for me is the comfort really.  

11 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

We put an offer in to a few Honda centres and waiting for a reply. 45k discount and 0.89% interest is about what they would offer without haggling much. We're trying to get 60k off and 0.44% interest (this rate is offered to old Honda customers anyway) plus a lot of extra stuff (for example some of the Modulo gear).

I was test driving it in Bangkok so the max speed I could do was around 90km/h and I did try to accelerate many times + drove fast into curves. I also wanted to test what the difference to my City is when I drive trough speed bumps and holes in the road. Was quite surprised that it felt about same as the City. I thought an SUV would smoothen the ride a lot over humps and holes. Anyway in general I was very happy with the test drive and it felt nice and smooth (very steady and firm compared to the smaller City). I have the CVT in my City and I've always been satisfied with that too. It's the only automatic car I've had so can't compare it to other systems. As for the fastness, quickness or acceleration I felt like it's about the same as the City, which is OK for me since the CRV is so much bigger. I think it's fast enough for an SUV. More important for me is the comfort really.  

Thanks for your comments. I guess it all depends on priorities. If you want a taller vehicle it will be the crv or PPV/SUV. I've collected a lot of data for the cars I'm interested in, from sedans, mid size suv's and larger ones. For comfort, performance and economy, the camry/accord come out on top (but also the most expensive. The crv is mid-road for these characteristics, but it does have decent ground clearance. The pajero sport / everest, etc, are taller, slower, stop slower, and use more fuel.