Cancellation Of Non-B Visa

Hi,

I am British, 53 years old and live in Bangkok with my Thai daughter for which I have a court order making me the legal father

I have a Non-B and a work permit for my current job in Bangkok, however I will leave this job the end of this month.

My employer wants to cancel my Non B visa (which I believe is normal) after I leave however this doesn't suit my timeline as I plan to travel to the UK around the 25th of this month and apply for a Non-O Visa based on supporting my Thai daughter.

Will I have any problems if I go to the UK and apply at the Thai Embassy in London for a Non-0 visa without cancelling the Non-B visa? Will they just cancel the Non-B themselves before issuing the Non-O?

Thanks.

John.

Immigration does not cancel visas that were issued by a embassy or consulate.

Immigration only cancels extension of stay issued by them when the reason for them ends. Your employer cannot cancel your extension without you being at immigration with your passport to do it.

If you have an extension of stay it will end on the date you leave the country. No problem at the embassy to get a non-o visa.

Hi UbonJoe,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Just a bit more information....

I am currently still on the original Non-B visa issued in Penang in December last year. So it still has 2 months left to run. Therefore as you can see I haven't been issued my first extension of stay by Immigration yet.

Does this change things if I leave Thailand the 25th of this month and apply for a Non-O at the Thai embassy in London when the Non-B still has two more months to run?

Thanks.

John

If you have a multiple entry non-b visa the embassy may cancel it when you apply for a non-o visa. Normally they will issue another visa without a problem.

Will you be applying for a single or multiple entry non-o visa?

4 minutes ago, xyzabc said:

Yes, I would like to apply for a multiple entry Non-O in London.

Be sure you submit documents proving you are the legal father of your child with the application. They can be a little difficult for issuing non-o visas based upon being the parent of Thai.

Hope you don't mind me adding when you have the Multi O you can, if offered another job get your WP on it and don't need to go for another B.

PS.

A few years ago I applied for a multi O while holding a BOI B that hadn't been 'cancelled' and they issued my multi O and didn't even mention the B. That was in Penang.