Nail Guns Battery Powered

kannot

Im in the Uk and  will be buying an  battery powered  nail gun that uses 16g size nails, Ive seen 18g size nails available in Thailand but does anyone know if the 16g size is available easily also?

Maybe "Sometime woodworker" may know???

1 hour ago, builder said:

I was not able to find 16g could find something almost 16 but jamming in gun 18 g no problem but not angled

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks Ill either  have to get the 18g  gun or  bring plentiful, supply of 16g in all sizes 19-65mm.............would think "somewhere" theyre  available?

Lazada show 18g only

10 hours ago, kannot said:

Im in the Uk and  will be buying an  battery powered  nail gun that uses 16g size nails, Ive seen 18g size nails available in Thailand but does anyone know if the 16g size is available easily also?

Maybe "Sometime woodworker" may know???

Nails here are not sold in gages but having just measured the T size they measure 1.6mm and they come in wood or concrete use versions.

image.jpg

This website agrees

IMG_5146.PNG.45c518b5ec4621b0d3ba7b2d523c7884.PNG

Probably the F size is 18G and S maybe 23 gage

image.thumb.jpg.7902b2e5cf4f418d83bb54a2d1fb1bb9.jpg

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Nails here are not sold in gages but having just measured the T size they measure 1.6mm and they come in wood or concrete use versions.

image.jpg

This website agrees

IMG_5146.PNG.45c518b5ec4621b0d3ba7b2d523c7884.PNG

Probably the F size is 18G and S maybe 23 gage

image.thumb.jpg.7902b2e5cf4f418d83bb54a2d1fb1bb9.jpg

Excellent  s.w.w to the rescue, Thanks, I also found these which state 1.6mm width  http://www.jumboa.co.th/?page_id=594 

Also found a brand  name now "HI-UP" the same as  you see in Thai watsadu  but  smaller  size (18gauge) are  called  HI-TOP made by the same company which I think is  hidden under the T50 nails you show

ลูกตะปูขาเดี่ยว-HI-UP-T25-50.jpg

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Why not simply buy the nailer in Thailand? No issue with consumables then.

We have an air-nailer (already had a compressor) very handy for knocking up shuttering and the like.

They aren't expensive, I've got 5, 3 different sizes of nail gun, a wide crown and a narrow crown stapler.

if I didn't already have 2 compressors l would be extremely tempted to get one of the new rotary ones that are extremely quiet.

10 hours ago, Crossy said:

Why not simply buy the nailer in Thailand? No issue with consumables then.

We have an air-nailer (already had a compressor) very handy for knocking up shuttering and the like.

The  battery ones are  more portable and with the lithium batteries readily available more powerful than before, also I  dont have a compressor and dont want to buy "yet another" thing to go with my already large amount of "things" such as  leaf blower, hedge  cutter, strimmer, flame  thrower, water pump, pressure  washer etc etc. Having a large  plot (16rai) of land also limits where it can be plugged in unless i buy a petrol powered  one. Its the portability, it wont get a huge amount of use.

19 hours ago, builder said:

They look a lot like 16 g but jam in gun

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Have you tried this brand? Ive found two brands available so far?

Was the OP considering Senco brand cordless autofeed screwdriver or the Senco cordless Finish Nailer. These 18volt tools are made in the USA and can be bought in Thailand. They are not in the general price rang of King Bangkok brand air tools. Honda petrol powered air compressors are not an insignificant investment, hence a quality 18volt nail gun would be a less expensive option for the OP.  

On 10/6/2018 at 1:00 PM, kamalabob2 said:

Was the OP considering Senco brand cordless autofeed screwdriver or the Senco cordless Finish Nailer. These 18volt tools are made in the USA and can be bought in Thailand. They are not in the general price rang of King Bangkok brand air tools. Honda petrol powered air compressors are not an insignificant investment, hence a quality 18volt nail gun would be a less expensive option for the OP.  

Already have a gun in the uk and am here on holiday, will bring it back with me .

Found this company  supply the nails  Illbuy a  few and  see if they do jam the gun as "Builder"  says, also bringing a  plentiful  supply with me 

http://www.tachou.com/Default.aspx?pageid=79

Prices are way cheaper than the UK

1  box   2,500 pieces
The sizes are 
T25 = 85 baht/ Box  
T30 = No stock 
T32 = 105 baht/Box  

T38 = 105 baht/Box
T45 = 115 baht/Box
T50 = 125 baht/Box 
T57 = 200 baht/Box
T64 = No Stock 

On 10/4/2018 at 4:37 AM, kannot said:

The  battery ones are  more portable and with the lithium batteries readily available more powerful than before, also I  dont have a compressor and dont want to buy "yet another" thing to go with my already large amount of "things" such as  leaf blower, hedge  cutter, strimmer, flame  thrower, water pump, pressure  washer etc etc. Having a large  plot (16rai) of land also limits where it can be plugged in unless i buy a petrol powered  one. Its the portability, it wont get a huge amount of use.

A compressor is a must have tool for any garage, useful for so many things. Inflating tires,  spray paint gun, blowing sawdust, impact wrench, chipping gun, etc. With it you can use a variety of nail guns from brad nailers to framing guns.

My advice , buy the compressor, and an compressed air gun, you will not regret it.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:32 AM, sirineou said:

A compressor is a must have tool for any garage, useful for so many things. Inflating tires,  spray paint gun, blowing sawdust, impact wrench, chipping gun, etc. With it you can use a variety of nail guns from brad nailers to framing guns.

My advice , buy the compressor, and an compressed air gun, you will not regret it.

TRy dragging it over 16 rai and let me know how  it is then.

Archived