30 Day Visas

There are two of us going to Thailand in three weeks, we are both British Nationals. Our trip is for 6 weeks, 3 of which will be in Thailand and 3 in either Laos or Vietnam. Our flights arrive and depart from Thailand. Can we leave Thailand after three weeks after we arive and come back three weeks later to fly home without having to go to the Thai embassy in London just on a 30day tourist visa, basically do we have to pay any extra money?

I know these next two questions dont belong in this forum but there shortuns

I understand we will be in Thailand during the monsoon season, is it bareable, will there be sunshine, does it just rain for a couple of hours? The Thai embassy said we dont need any vaccinations but were having them, any way should we get Malaria pills?

Thanks for any help. :o

You are bona fide tourists. This is what the 30-days visa-free entry is for. You arrive and get stamped in for 30 days, go to a neighboring country, return and fly home.

Don't worry, you will not have any problems but make sure your tickets are confirmed, evidencing you are leaving Thailand on each entry before the 30 days are over. Although there is a rule that you must have sufficient funds for your stay, this is usually not checked for Brits unless the immigratiuon officer might have doubts based on the travellers appearance.

Rainy season? Usually from 5-6 pm. Morning til noon sunshine.

Don't quote me if it's raining cats and dogs the whole day, it happens, but rarely.

As for the need for Malaria tablets - where are you going? - are you planning on camping, or staying in a shack in a jungle area?

Advice I got was Malaria only needed in Thailand if you're in the jungle near the borders with Myanmar or Cambodia. If you're in regular tourist areas, it's not required.

However Vietnam, etc. may be another matter, and you've got to take the tablets before/during/after your travel into a malaria area. Be aware some malaria tablets can have nasty side-effects.

There are two of us going to Thailand in three weeks, we are both British Nationals. Our trip is for 6 weeks, 3 of which will be in Thailand and 3 in either Laos or Vietnam. Our flights arrive and depart from Thailand. Can we leave Thailand after three weeks after we arive and come back three weeks later to fly home without having to go to the Thai embassy in London just on a 30day tourist visa, basically do we have to pay any extra money?

I understand we will be in Thailand during the monsoon season, is it bareable, will there be sunshine, does it just rain for a couple of hours? The Thai embassy said we dont need any vaccinations but were having them, any way should we get Malaria pills?

You might need that Tourist visa. Your airline in unlikely to carry you to LOS unless you have a confirmed outbound airticket within 30 days, or a 60 day tourist visa.

You might need that Tourist visa. Your airline in unlikely to carry you to LOS unless you have a confirmed outbound airticket within 30 days, or a 60 day tourist visa.

You've got me wondering now Doc. We are coming over for 35 days.

I went to the consulate here looking for a 60 day visa and was told it would be $45 per entry and baulked at the price. Jaye wasn't there and was dealing with her assistant. She told me that it would be OK to get a "30 day on arrival" and cross the border and get stamped back in. I mentioned the fact that the airline may not be to happy about 35 day return ticket and no visa , she said no problems.

maybe a call to the airline is in order.

Bronco, $ 45 (US or OZ?)

I would get the visa. Alternatives, a confirmed ticket for return within the 30 days.

Once inside Thailand you can change your travel date with most of the tickets, but have to go to immigration and extent for a view days, cost you Baht 1900.

Or than you walk across to come back. Cost how much?

$45 Oz Axel but still hurts, considering they were $18 last year. Changing dates is really gonna be a hassle, but will think about it.

How about a 60 day 1 entry, can I still go to Laos for a couple of days?

$45 Oz Axel but still hurts, considering they were $18 last year. Changing dates is really gonna be a hassle, but will think about it.

How about a 60 day 1 entry, can I still go to Laos for a couple of days?

Yep you sure can ... coz you'll have a confirmed outbound airticket within 30 days. Are you flying into Laos ? If so, you can purchase the ticket in Oz and then you will have a confirmed outbound ticket within 30 days. Get creative Bronco :o

so a 60 day single entry, entering and exiting BKK, I can still go to Laos for 2 days and get stamped back for 1900 baht. Or Axel said I can get an extension for a couple of days at airport, is that an option?

so a 60 day single entry, entering and exiting BKK, I can still go to Laos for 2 days and get stamped back for 1900 baht. Or Axel said I can get an extension for a couple of days at airport, is that an option?

Bronco, there is a mis-understanding. What I mentioned, you come on a round trip ticket with confirmed outbound flight within 30 days. You get your 30 days stamp when entering LOS.

During your stay you 'decide' to change your flight to use the outbound ticket only 35 days after entry. Usually, this can be done with the airline, even if the ticket should be non-re routable and non-refundable. (Must check your airline what tkt you got)

Than you go to the immigration-office and tell them you want to leave 5 days later.

You will get an extension (1 time only) to allow you to stay 5 (perhaps 10 days longer) This cost you Baht 1900.

A 60 day single - entry visa will be voided as used once you leave by land or air. If you go overland to Laos you will get 30 days visa-free stay, when reutrning to LOS and still have your outbound tkt back to OZ.