Work permit for multiple places

I've been told it is "not possible" for someone to get either two separate work permits or to have two employers or an employer and a volunteer organization listed on one work permit in Chiang Mai.  This comes directly from the human resources offers at my university.   I don't believe this is true.  Everything I've every been able to find online seems to indicate someone can work (for pay or volunteer) at multiple places and that basically they just have all places added onto the work permit.  Is my understanding incorrect?  Does anyone have any insight into Thai law?  

Under the old rules it was possible to have more than one job shown in a work permit with the employer's permission that sponsored the work permit.

Under the new rules a work permit allows multiple jobs to be done with a work permit. In fact the employers name is not shown in the work permit. Only the name of person who was issued the work permit is shown.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Under the old rules it was possible to have more than one job shown in a work permit with the employer's permission that sponsored the work permit.

Under the new rules a work permit allows multiple jobs to be done with a work permit. In fact the employers name is not shown in the work permit. Only the name of person who was issued the work permit is shown.

Following the Phuket employment chief's announcement that a WP can now be used to work anywhere and for anyone, I wonder if an official announcement was ever made from Bangkok ? Thanks.

I got done with the wrong address in my work permit. it was 2 years of hell and quite a bit of money to sort out. in hind sight I should have cancelled my work permit and started a new one in pattaya when I moved from samui.  I have a mate with a work permit that has 'consultant' in it and he says he can work in multiple locations. not sure how well it would hold up really. the system is really just set up to extort money from foreigners trying to do things the right way. everyone I know who had a work permit still gets busted for something or another.