Quick Marriage Question

In which Ampeor should a Foreigner-Thai marriage be registered? If the Thai woman is formally a resident in Korat, but lives in Bangkok, can the marriage be registered in Bangkok?

i recently married a Chiang Rai girl in Bangkok , she had to show her house registration log (book)

Good Luck

P.S. take your passport and girls ID also. i got married in the amphur office near Sam yan MRT station (NOT bangrak) they were brilliant, really helpful.

I'm not sure if things have changed now, but a couple I know advised my girlfriend and I when we get married we shouldn't register the marriage in Thailand, but do it in the UK. Because registering the marriage in Thailand his wife would be unable to buy property or own a business in Thailand. As I said things may have changed now as this was 6 years ago when they got married, but something to be aware of I think.

I'm not sure if things have changed now, but a couple I know advised my girlfriend and I when we get married we shouldn't register the marriage in Thailand, but do it in the UK. Because registering the marriage in Thailand his wife would be unable to buy property or own a business in Thailand. As I said things may have changed now as this was 6 years ago when they got married, but something to be aware of I think.

Urban myth 6 years ago, urban now.

Law was changed over 10 years ago.

TH

Edited by thaihome