Heavy weather warning issued for Phuket, Andaman

Jonathan Fairfield

Heavy weather warning issued for Phuket, Andaman

p2.jpg

PHUKET: The Phuket branch of the Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) issued a heavy weather warning for provinces in the Andaman region including Phuket from today until tomorrow (Oc 6-7).

The advisory forecasts strong wind and heavy rains with possible flash floods and landslides in Phuket, Phang Nga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang and Satun.

Waves are forecast to reach two meters high in the Andaman Sea. All ship captains are advised to monitor the weather forecast closely and proceed with caution, while smaller vessels are advised to stay ashore.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/heavy-weather-warning-issued-for-phuket-andaman-68899.php#IxHpUY3lYOTCPzTs.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-10-06

54 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

while smaller vessels are advised to stay ashore.

Advised by who?

Here we go again:

Just after the sinking of the Phoenix and the Chinese loss of life, didn't it state the Marine Department had the power to prevent boats going to sea?

• Like 2

I am in Phuket. If there's going to be heavy rain, I'll ride around on my big a$$ bike. I love that. 

There's always something. When i was in Chiang mai, i remember i was in bed with my gf, when the bed started shaking during the earthquake. Her face was priceless. 

15 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

I am in Phuket. If there's going to be heavy rain, I'll ride around on my big a$$ bike. I love that. 

There's always something. When i was in Chiang mai, i remember i was in bed with my gf, when the bed started shaking during the earthquake. Her face was priceless. 

and she thought it was an earthquake ??

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Advised by who?

Here we go again:

Just after the sinking of the Phoenix and the Chinese loss of life, didn't it state the Marine Department had the power to prevent boats going to sea?

Waves are forecast to reach two meters high in the Andaman Sea. All ship captains are advised to monitor the weather forecast closely and proceed with caution, while smaller vessels are advised to stay ashore.

I thought the post was quite self explanatory!!

Advised as in do not go to sea... 

15 minutes ago, hotchilli said:
19 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Here we go again:

I thought the post was quite self explanatory!!

Advised as in do not go to sea... 

"The Phoenix was among several boats that appeared to ignore a severe weather warning."

Hence my post, and mentioning the Marine Department preventing boats going to sea - to stop them risking other people's lives.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:38 PM, bluesofa said:

Advised by who?

Here we go again:

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

"The Phoenix was among several boats that appeared to ignore a severe weather warning."

Hence my post, and mentioning the Marine Department preventing boats going to sea - to stop them risking other people's lives.

Yes but the Phoenix massacre was a long long time ago and alls back to normal as nothing's going to go wrong ever again.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Yes but the Phoenix massacre was a long long time ago and alls back to normal as nothing's going to go wrong ever again.

That's true.

I'm sure Prawit doesn't think he'll have to grovel to the Chinese - not twice in the same lunchtime lifetime.

16 hours ago, bluesofa said:

And they have prevented boats going out and I think they will again if the weather is dangerous. So far though there has been not much wind despite the warning for strong winds.