The Asians rights to protect their own economies.

I have just read this article on the Bangkok Post website and it still astounds me as to why most Asians think that they have the right to sit behind import tariffs and operate with impunity in their own countries without and any serious competition. They dump a lot of cheap, inferior and in some cases dangerous products onto Western countries and into other parts of the world like Africa, they are made to a very low standard and imported with virtually no tariffs. This destroys the manufacturing base of the importing country. Also the innovation in these countries. 

I am a great believer in free trade but I can understand where Trump is coming from on some of his trade measures. Really a 30% import tax on cheese is ridiculous. I wonder how much is on wine? 

As long as import tariffs remain in place local products like cheese will remain inferior to their counterparts from outside. No need to improve. A good and healthy competitive market always favours the consumer. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/world/1553546/cheese-squeeze-japan-cheesemakers-fret-over-eu-trade-deal

I have just read this article on the Bangkok Post website and it still astounds me as to why most Asians think that they have the right to sit behind import tariffs and operate with impunity in their own countries without and any serious competition. They dump a lot of cheap, inferior and in some cases dangerous products onto Western countries and into other parts of the world like Africa, they are made to a very low standard and imported with virtually no tariffs. This destroys the manufacturing base of the importing country. Also the innovation in these countries. 

I am a great believer in free trade but I can understand where Trump is coming from on some of his trade measures. Really a 30% import tax on cheese is ridiculous. I wonder how much is on wine? 

As long as import tariffs remain in place local products like cheese will remain inferior to their counterparts from outside. No need to improve. A good and healthy competitive market always favours the consumer. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/world/1553546/cheese-squeeze-japan-cheesemakers-fret-over-eu-trade-deal
They use the import taxes instead of other types of taxes. Fair I think, little like Robin Hood.

Skickat från min Mi A1 via Tapatalk

Archived