Bank Book for retirement Visa

Just a heads up, maybe a lot of Guys are aware of this but it caught me off-guard today
I went to my bank and got the letter needed from them saying 800+K in account for over 3 Months
Also had Bank Books updated while there. . . .

Off to Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration I go, only to be told bank book entries no good . .
Because I had not made any transaction in the savings account for a few weeks, the last entry although it showed the correct balance as written in the Bank letter, was over 2 weeks old, not acceptable they say, even though the Bank letter was dated today and had correct balance shown . .

I had to return to the bank, and make a deposit and withdrawal (in and out so as to keep the balance written on Bank letter correct) therefore a transaction was shown on todays date

People may be aware, but I thought this worth mentioning as it was a bit of a pain
Everything accepted fine now that is done, pick up Passport tomorrow.

57 minutes ago, pattayapip said:

I had to return to the bank, and make a deposit and withdrawal (in and out so as to keep the balance written on Bank letter correct) therefore a transaction was shown on todays date

Bangkok Bank updates the bank book without transaction.

SCB doesn't.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1