no re-entry permit needed?

I have a Non Imm O-A with multiple entry. when I go to Immi for registration my address first time I asked the officer if I need a re-entry permit when I leave the country for a short time and come back then. he says no, I don't need because I have a multiple entry visa. 

He is right? I am not sure.... 

And, by the way, it was the Immi Buriram and they are quick, polite and looks very professional. 

Yes and no... You can come and go as long as your visa still has validity (look for the validity date on the visa)... After the validity date any exit will terminate the visa unless you get a reenrty permit.

most people employ a strategy of exiting and reentering the country just before the validity ends and that last entry gives you an extra year... but in the extra year you need a reentry permit to maintain that last year.

Edited by sfokevin

7 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Yes and no... You can come and go as long as your visa still has validity (look for the validity date on the visa)... After the validity date any exit will terminate the visa unless you get a reenrty permit.

most people employ a strategy of exiting and reentering the country just before the validity ends and that last entry gives you an extra year... but in the extra year you need a reentry permit to maintain that last year.

so if you come back before the validity ends, you get an extra year? lol