Carrefour Bread

sceadugenga

First run into Chiang Mai for a few months yesterday, went into Carrefour and cleaned out the shelf of that dark bread in the round loaves.

Is this the best bread in the North?

I suppose it's personal taste, I like dark German style bread myself. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with the French baguette style either.

First run into Chiang Mai for a few months yesterday, went into Carrefour and cleaned out the shelf of that dark bread in the round loaves.

Is this the best bread in the North?

I suppose it's personal taste, I like dark German style bread myself. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with the French baguette style either.

The Carrefour bread is among the best (Don't even go to the other supermarkets, you would loose time and money, although Big C offers very good butter croissants).

But some small bakeries are worth a try. Among them is the German bakery in Amphur Saraphi. As soon as I can, I'll post the address, phone number and e-mail address.

Edited by adjan jb

The round loaf dark bread in Carrefour is their sourdough loaf. VERY tasty and seems to be selling out earlier each day. Their wholegrain loaves are also delicious.

JJs wholewheat was a staple - before I discovered Carrefour.

Lotus sometimes cooks up loaves of wholegrain too. Very good if you can get it.

I too have settled on the carrefour sourdough loaf as all round favourite; but I wonder if this really is the one the OP was referring to ("dark bread")?

I would however also like to locate a brown, barley or wholemeal type to my taste, but so far haven't. Will be waiting for info from adjan on the german bakery.

Bread is pretty boring though in CM,you have got to be a bit adventurous to how to make your bread eatable.

I take it in a toaster or tostimaker,cause the bread is not eatable unless I make it hot.

Maybe I am spoiled ,cause I am Dutch,and we are big bread eaters,with many variety.But this is only one of very few things I miss from Dutch food,generally I like to eat kamman kai in the morning better now then bread anyway.

I like LOTS of different kinds of bread.

JJ's wholewheat bread is good for sandwiches. :o

Where is JJ's Market? I've lived here nearly a year and still have not stumbled across it. Been to Tops, Carrefour, Tesco, Rimping, and Kasem. But not to JJ.

Thanks!

I like LOTS of different kinds of bread.

JJ's wholewheat bread is good for sandwiches. :o

Where is JJ's Market? I've lived here nearly a year and still have not stumbled across it. Been to Tops, Carrefour, Tesco, Rimping, and Kasem. But not to JJ.

Thanks!

I normally get nit from JJ's Bakery, in the same building as Rimping Nawarat Branch at the end nearest the river.

Audrey at Pie Sabai near Wat Umong does nearly every kind of bread imaginable, including sourdough.. Call in to get the fresh stuff otherwise Rimping stocks most of her wares.. Delicious.

For a German, or in my case a Swiss, this bread is quite bad... We bought the bread at Carfour because this is quite good. But now we bake our own sourdough whole grain bread, much much better...

There is a house delivery service, which brings you fresh German Style bread at home. However I never tried it, as we make it ourselfs now. Here is the link: http://www.monsmade.com/

Audrey at Pie Sabai near Wat Umong does nearly every kind of bread imaginable, including sourdough.. Call in to get the fresh stuff otherwise Rimping stocks most of her wares.. Delicious.

For a German, or in my case a Swiss, this bread is quite bad... We bought the bread at Carfour because this is quite good. But now we bake our own sourdough whole grain bread, much much better...

There is a house delivery service, which brings you fresh German Style bread at home. However I never tried it, as we make it ourselfs now. Here is the link: http://www.monsmade.com/

Your produce looks good, but its very expensive compared to whats already available.. And not coming from Europe, "English style" breads do me just fine.., Pie Sabai, Carrefour, Kasems, UN Irish Pub all have good products at a fraction of your prices.. Good luck with your venture..AT

Who sells the best Banana Cake in CM?

When I lived in Pattaya, I was hooked on Foodland's banana cake. I currently buy banana cake at Tops but it just doesn't compare to Foodland. Since there isn't a Foodland in CM, anyone here know who sells the tastiest banana cake up here?

Your produce looks good, but its very expensive compared to whats already available.. And not coming from Europe, "English style" breads do me just fine.., Pie Sabai, Carrefour, Kasems, UN Irish Pub all have good products at a fraction of your prices.. Good luck with your venture..AT

last night, I ordered a selection of their breads for delivery today...

Will let you know how they are.