Does Surin Immigration Want a New TM30 Upon Return ?

In Chonburi they are clamping down on non-TM30 people. Fines of about 2000bht.  Even set up new room in immigration to register. I dare say that now Big Joke is in charge, other offices will be same soon. 

And yes, if you leave country even for a day, then you are supposed to re-register. 

I live near Mukdahan,  50 km north, cross to Laos every 90 days, (multi non o) do my TM 30 every time I come back, the next day ( obviously Mon to Fri and non government holiday days) at Immigration at Amanat Charoen, have done for a few years now. 

Lucky for me it’s not a busy place at all, and it’s knly 30 km away from home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mfd101 said:

I've never done one yet (in 2 years here & 2 in BKK). I don't think they could care less.

However, if you get the boss guy on a bad day (which is just about every day) ...

Pardon my confusion over this post, and #2 as well, but if you don't show up to report, how do you "get" one immigration officer or another?

I've done three TM 30's at Surin Imm./Kap Cheong this year and each time I've asked them what the requirements are for reporting (one day in/out; 24 hrs outside province etc). I've never got a clear reply. There are three or four officers in that room with almost nothing to do. Must be the ultimate 'inactive post' going in Thai immigration.

The TM 30 office is separate from the main office for extensions/90 day and they do not seem to communicate with each other. When I did a 60 day extension in May, the main office were unaware of my TM 30 address until I pointed it out to them. They were assuming that I lived at my wife's address as shown on her Tabian Baan although the extension form clearly showed my actual address (on the reverse)

I would think that regular reporting at this office is only necessary if one requires extensions of stay from the main office, and even then it's probably hit and miss.

The last report I did (in place of my landlord who was away) I was told that I cannot do any more TM 30's myself and that my landlord must attend to it as the 'house master'. When asked who would be liable for the fine if he didn't do it, the officer said 'The house master'.

I'll wait and see what happens next time I go out/in.

I have now become aware of someone who left Thailand about a month ago and returned shortly after. About ten days ago, she was in the Surin Immigration office. The reportedly scrutinized every page of her passport, but did not tell her that she had to do a new TM30, or fine her for not having already done one. 

2 minutes ago, allane said:

I have now become aware of someone who left Thailand about a month ago and returned shortly after. About ten days ago, she was in the Surin Immigration office. The reportedly scrutinized every page of her passport, but did not tell her that she had to do a new TM30, or fine her for not having already done one. 

My experience too. Was o/s late June. Did 90-day in late Sept & extension of stay a couple of days ago. Nothing mentioned re TM30.

I did ask them at Kap Choeng a couple of years ago whether they wanted me to do one each time I returned from BKK. They laughed and said: Why would you want to do that?

But that was a couple of years ago ...