Needed: 1 year ME Non B

long time lurker, 1st post so please be nice....

Been in the LoS for 4 years now as a worker, not sadly in a position to be retired for some time to come.....earlier this year changed job. New WP, in on a 3 month Non B and just about to book trip to Penang when I hear reqt to be not only a Director (am) but Shahreholder of 20% (am not).

Now, I also need a holiday, so thought to check out a neighbouring country that DOES still issue 1 year Non B - Myanmar does, but wants to see 200k in a bank account, which is surprising given that in order to get a WP I must be earning 50k a month but then logic and reason in Asia is as we all know vague to be polite.

So...given Im relatively free to travel and need a decent holiday, does anyone have knowledge of an Embassy or Consulate in SEA that *DOES* issue a one year Non B but without needing shareholding or relatively large amounts of capital in Thailand?

Every year a nother hoop - Im sure theres a route around this one :)

As far as I know there is no embassy or consulate that will issue a multiple entry non-b visa within the region.

Penang has been the only place doing them for some time now.

What is the reason you cannot apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon working.

General requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_1

I can, but Immigration here have asked for 28,000 for their little stamp. Given my 1 year MEs have so far cost around 6000 this seems a little...inflated?

and I do leave the country a fair bit , so id frequently be paying for an exit stamp on top of an overly expensive EoS *WITHOUT* any chance to stay should work situation change, unlike with a Consulate-issued Visa....seems like an all round sh1tty deal to me.

4 minutes ago, NicUnderTheSea said:

I can, but Immigration here have asked for 28,000 for their little stamp.

The fee for a extension is 1900 baht. Not sure who is actually asking for the 28k baht. I suspect it is an agent or lawyer that is asking for that to do the extension.

5 minutes ago, NicUnderTheSea said:

and I do leave the country a fair bit , so id frequently be paying for an exit stamp on top of an overly expensive EoS *WITHOUT* any chance to stay should work situation change, unlike with a Consulate-issued Visa....seems like an all round sh1tty deal to me.

You can get a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht if you need to travel frequently.

If want a multiple entry non-b visa without Penang's requirements you might have to apply for it in your home country.

yes, sorry, to clarify - our accountant quoted that figure.

So, if I can get them to provide all paperwork outlined in your link (with many thanks indeed for that Joe) - and, say, go to Immigration here with one of the Thai directors - its possible I can get the EoS stamp for something closer to the figure in your link and post?

3 minutes ago, NicUnderTheSea said:

yes, sorry, to clarify - our accountant quoted that figure.

So, if I can get them to provide all paperwork outlined in your link (with many thanks indeed for that Joe) - and, say, go to Immigration here with one of the Thai directors - its possible I can get the EoS stamp for something closer to the figure in your link and post?

You should be able to do it with the help of a director. First check with you local office to find out what they require. 

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE - especially FAO UbonJoe as this may be useful for other enquiries....

So, I did some research and noted there are 2 "local" consulates issuing 12 month Non Bs - Manila and Yangon. Ive got friends living in Yangon so thought Id try my luck there. The list of requirements DOES NOT include proof of Directorship or Shareholding, but DOES require evidence of capital of 200k THB.

I emailed before to verify that (a) this was necessary for a WP holder looking for a Non B (yes it is) and (b) whether they would accept proof of an equivalent amount in an overseas account (yes, they do).

So, with all required papers and a bank account printout from my OS bank I went along to the Embassy in Yangon - all very smooth, and for a cost of $200US I got my new 1yr Non B ME the very next day. 

So, dont give up on 1yrs just yet....maybe not quite as convenient as Penang but I was sick of that town anyway!

Happy to answer any specifics via PM.