Please translate 'From London, come say hello'

mrblonde

Am meeting an old friend in Thailand in 6 weeks time, his first time and want to make her feel really welcome, so welcome in fact for everyone to say hello to her  ????

Can someone please translate the following, laid out in 2 lines, so i can get it put onto a T-shirt for her as a surprise:

'From London England

Come say hello'

Is that easy to translate into Thai please?

What is the situation?
You are going to put this message on a tee shirt for an old friend to wear on a visit to you in Thailand. The message is to encourage strangers to approach her or him and say hello. Is that it?
"I came from London, come and say hello to me" is easy but I wonder who would respond to it. In my experience those Thai people want to speak to foreigners need no encouagement but they are few and far between.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, tgeezer said:

What is the situation?
You are going to put this message on a tee shirt for an old friend to wear on a visit to you in Thailand. The message is to encourage strangers to approach her or him and say hello. Is that it?
"I came from London, come and say hello to me" is easy but I wonder who would respond to it. In my experience those Thai people want to speak to foreigners need no encouagement but they are few and far between.

Yes tgeezer, thats the plan   ????

I asked a Thai friend fluent in both languages because my translation wouldn’t do and he said that it wouldn’t work, not Thai culture. He suggested saying it in English.

What it's not Thai culture to print "I'm from London, come and say hello" on a T-shirt? Rubbish....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What it's not Thai culture to print "I'm from London, come and say hello" on a T-shirt? Rubbish....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My interpretation of "not Thai culture" is that the respondent couldn't think of a Thai expression which would serve the purpose. I won't be passing on your opinion of his attempt to be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

ผมเป็นลอนดอนเน่อร์
ทักได้
Is the legend suggested by my friend.
I can explain it if anyone is interested but my friend suggests that people are not interested in Thai, only in knowing how to say things.
Personally I don’t share his view of this forum but it is the Thai way; get the answer and move on, his background is university and advertising among other things, and had to pass exams!
I will only add for those who share my view that ‘say hello” means much more than that as does ทักได้

It reads From Capital(city) London country England. But you don't really care about that do you?
it sounds like Jaak grung lon-don bpra-tate angrit.
Your friend is speaking American English and probably doesn't realise that the London refered to is the capital of England.

31 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

It reads From Capital(city) London country England. But you don't really care about that do you?
it sounds like Jaak grung lon-don bpra-tate angrit.
Your friend is speaking American English and probably doesn't realise that the London refered to is the capital of England.

tgeezer that makes sense, the thai colleague speaks very good English, but i think a lot has been learnt from America and american TV

Archived