'Learn Self-Defense': MMA Artist After Strange BTS Encounter

webfact

'Learn Self-Defense': MMA Artist After Strange BTS Encounter

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

18766108_1443537282336189_19228737958194

Photo: ONE Championship / Facebook

BANGKOK — After an uncomfortable encounter with a stranger on the BTS, one of the nation’s top female mixed martial artists on Wednesday recommended that Thai women take up Brazilian jiu-jitsu for self-defense.

After a man on Sunday struck up unwarranted conversation with MMA fighter Rika Ishige on the BTS, she recommended that Thai women take up Brazilian jiu-jitsu to defend themselves.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2018/10/10/learn-self-defense-mma-artist-after-strange-bts-encounter/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-10-11

as the average thai gal usually finds walking DOWN the mrt stairs too strenuous cant imagine droves of women going to leann martial arts that involves discipline, pain, practice, physical activity greater than playing facebook

5 hours ago, atyclb said:

as the average thai gal usually finds walking DOWN the mrt stairs too strenuous cant imagine droves of women going to leann martial arts that involves discipline, pain, practice, physical activity greater than playing facebook

I've seen tens-of-thousands of "thai gal" walking down MRT and BTS stairs, but I have never seen evidence of it being "too strenuous" for them. What are you seeing that I don't see? I'm guessing you don't see anything of the sort.

32 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:
6 hours ago, atyclb said:

I've seen tens-of-thousands of "thai gal" walking down MRT and BTS stairs, but I have never seen evidence of it being "too strenuous" for them. What are you seeing that I don't see? I'm guessing you don't see anything of the sort.

no comment

The woman has no teeth, is this a martial arts thing? I mean I got one capped tooth knocked out but I only did martial arts for a year or two. Anyway, that, in itself, should be sufficient to discourage unwanted advances. Yeah, wear a mouthguard. Good advice for guys as well, nobody's gonna mess with you if you're wearing a mouthguard, or at least they'll think twice.

21 hours ago, HerbalEd said:

HerbalEd, perhaps you may consider smoking less herb

On 10/11/2018 at 5:39 AM, atyclb said:

This seems an untrue observation. There are lots of Thai females at gyms, fitness circuits and sports clubs. They are notable on the fitness circuit around Big Buddha in Pratumnak. 

18 minutes ago, The manic said:
On 10/11/2018 at 11:39 AM, atyclb said:

This seems an untrue observation. There are lots of Thai females at gyms, fitness circuits and sports clubs. They are notable on the fitness circuit around Big Buddha in Pratumnak. 

the term i used was "average thai gal" .     the ones you refer to are the exception and not the rule

On 10/11/2018 at 5:35 PM, HerbalEd said:

in your observations approx what % walk down stairs versus using the escalator?

Archived