Former US serviceman found dead in Khon Kaen house - "close female friend" disappears

webfact

Former US serviceman found dead in Khon Kaen house - "close female friend" disappears

1PM.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Muang district police in Khon Kaen in Thailand's north east have found a 66 year old former American serviceman dead in his rented property. 

Thai Rath reported that a close female friend of the deceased has not been seen for some time.

Jean Mark Robert, 66, was found yesterday on a mattress in a hall area of a house he had rented for the last seven years. Decomposition was setting in and neighbors had been alerted by the smell.

There were no signs of a struggle or anything out of place at the two and a half story cement house in Soi Srijan, Srijan Road.

Locals said that the deceased, described as 170cms tall and large - had not been seen for two or three days.

He had come to rent alone but kept the company of a Thai woman who no one had seen for a while. 

He was a long term resident of Thailand often seen in the downtown area with a walking stick. 

Muang district police chief Pol Col Jamlong Suwalak declined to comment on the cause of death saying that cops would wait for an autopsy. 

The US embassy has been informed. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-12

10 hours ago, mercman24 said:

two and a HALF ? story house thats a new one on me

Originally three storey,s but due to recent flooding some compacting has taken place.....:whistling:

RIP to the deceased gentleman :wai:

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Has this thread to go "comic"? :angry:

Its not personal but the story repeats here in TV almost every day and the replies here are always the same.

-Police gets blamed for incompetence or withholding the real story.

-Thai Girlfriend has been found crying because she forgot to ask for the pin number

-Thai family did a "caring" job

-piss-head, suicide, mosquito bite..... 

-dead farang story even, lots of room for fantasies...

To take the wind out of the sails my reply  and now RIP fellow..  

It is a shame to end your life without anybody caring & I hope to all you comedians 

that it does not happen to you. No one knows what trauma he went through in the last hours

or days of his life after serving his country well.

Enjoy your long sleep young fella

170 cm is not tall, so saying he was large indicates obesity. Very common for heart attack victims to be obese. One can only hope it was quick and painless, and/or he went out in the best way possible with his unidentified friend.

I am 78 years old, well cared for by wife of 33 years (plus a few years in non-marital state), everything worth anything is in her name. She will be economically independent has a supportive family of two sons and their wives and children. Had papers drawn by reliable law firm to guarantee no possible "ghosts" come haunting around for $$. I'll likely go out with a heart attack (had bypass and continue with Doctor's care). Wife knows she MUST call police if I die at home and an autopsy will likely ensue followed by report to US Embassy and US family members. Retired USAF 20+ years (RVN vet), VFW will post notice in Pattaya. Take care of those who have taken care of you.

2 hours ago, oldrunner said:

I am 78 years old, well cared for by wife of 33 years (plus a few years in non-marital state), everything worth anything is in her name. She will be economically independent has a supportive family of two sons and their wives and children. Had papers drawn by reliable law firm to guarantee no possible "ghosts" come haunting around for $$. I'll likely go out with a heart attack (had bypass and continue with Doctor's care). Wife knows she MUST call police if I die at home and an autopsy will likely ensue followed by report to US Embassy and US family members. Retired USAF 20+ years (RVN vet), VFW will post notice in Pattaya. Take care of those who have taken care of you.

You, sir, are a gentleman.

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am 74 and when I die will somebody say that I was a former British serviceman? They would be absolutely correct as I served 25 years boy and man in the RAF. It is totally irrelevant all the same.

Why is that information always included then? It’s rarely relevant. Someone could be in the army for two years then graduate with an MD and spend decades saving peoples lives and most headlines would still say “Former serviceman...

18 hours ago, webfact said:

was found yesterday on a mattress in a hall area of a house

RIP to the Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, don't know what service he was in - but I have a problem with the above............why would someone be sleeping in a hallway of a two story house.........or is this a misinterpretation??  As for the comments of 'why he was a serviceman reverent??  He lived in rural Thailand, and if he was anything like me, we told stories and were proud of our history....and if you can speak Thai, they love the stories.....they pbly asked the neighbors, and they all said 'He was a Serviceman and lived here many years"  its simple as that.  Give it a break, I just hope they don't find anything screwy with his death...........but i they do, bring them to justice.:wai: 

The Bangkok Post story on this said his close female friend was with him when he bought this commercial property seven years ago and a local hospital official said he hadn’t seen her since so presumably, she dissapeared seven years ago? 

The building was two stories, not a 2 1/2 story split-level walkout and they didn’t mention the decedent was found in a hall area. 

So, the basic facts even seem up for debate. 

Archived