Info Request - Kasintorn Academy

jbowman1993

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there are any here who have taught, or had any dealings with the Kasintorn Academy, in west Bangkok (Phuttamonthon Sai 3. It is an intriguing looking school and I am doing homework on it (for my infant son, as a place to go for K 1-3 and beyond). Any comments, or information would be appreciated. *Link edited out/Scott*

That school is located very close to the school I work at and it has a very good reputation. The school is regarded as one of the best schools in the area and they are suppose to have very high educational standards. I have also heard that students from several other schools find it hard to transfer in to because they fail some sort of enterance exam that they have. That is all I know about it, but it suppose to be a good school.

• 3 years later...
That school is located very close to the school I work at and it has a very good reputation. The school is regarded as one of the best schools in the area and they are suppose to have very high educational standards. I have also heard that students from several other schools find it hard to transfer in to because they fail some sort of enterance exam that they have. That is all I know about it, but it suppose to be a good school.

Does this school have any affiliation with Kasintorn Saint Peter in Nonthaburi?

Any information or shared experiences regarding Saint Peter would be greatly appreciated.

Does this school have any affiliation with Kasintorn Saint Peter in Nonthaburi?

Any information or shared experiences regarding Saint Peter would be greatly appreciated.

I believe it's the same school, but not sure. Went by there going to the Nonthaburi immigration office. I knew a teacher who worked there many years ago; he said he had to work very hard and actually had to stay in his classroom all day, whether he was teaching or not. I can;t say what it is like now though. They advertise frequently on the other website, offering low / moderate salaries. I assume they employ both native and non-native speaking teachers.

As another option, my school has a good kindy (both Thai and English programs, located in Muang Thong Thani. My son just finished kg3 here. I don't know if that's convenient for you though. You can PM me for more info.

• 4 weeks later...

It is the sister school of Kasintorn St Peter, the schools are owned and run by three brothers.

I worked for the school for a while and it seems okay, although they work the Filipino teachers very hard for almost half the native speaker salary.

The kids are spoilt rich kids, who I'm sure will do fine after buying their Thai degree and settling down to work in Daddy's company.

As far as I know, the kindergarten section treats the kids very well. (Arts/crafts, shows, swimming pool, singing songs and 90% of subjects are taught in English, etc.)

Shame they don't do the same for the teachers, the salary is relatively low and you have to fingerprint your arrival and depature, so you can't leave early if you have no more classes.

If by high educational standards, you mean textbooks imported from Singapore and not from within Thailand, then yes.