Foreign tourist apologises for doing handstand at Wat Pho

webfact

23 minutes ago, HHTel said:

My guess is that wearing those pants was not a matter of choice.  You can see the belt on his shorts that he has on underneath.  When you go to a temple in the 'wrong attire', you are offered pants as in the picture for a small fee.  I've always assumed that local lads are taking the rise out of tourists by offering really gaudy pants.

It's a shame he wasn't informed of the "no handstands" rule at the same time as they enforced the dress code...

My father and I had our differe3nces but the one thing he and all his friends taught me was the golden rule.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. A command based on words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount: “All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.” The Mosaic law contains a parallel commandment: “Whatever is hurtful to you, do not do to any other person.”

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, Small Joke said:

I detest ignoramuses.

You dont need to kiss arse.

I also detest people who wai immigration officers.

But if you come here, do a freaking google search on more than the hotel, and the map to nana plaza.

Screw this retard.

I  wai immigration officers, I also wai hotel and restaurant workers, my thai friends and anybody else for that matter. Considering you hate ignoramuses you must really love yourself!

I respect countries where i choose to go (and i also learn a little bit about there history).

Then i wai Thai border officer, and policemens, i wai peoples who come to talk with me, i remove shoes when i go inside a home or a shop where people has to remove shoes, i wear long pants in wat i go (and i'm also buddhist, so i respect the traditions and not kill mosquitos in the wat), i smile and not speak bed to people (what ever drunk he can be or not, what ever comment sometimes can be racist or not), and much more.

If someone don't love me because i respect policy and tradition inside the country i'm living, nevermind... i just stay far from these kind of bad karma personality who choose to detest others and not respect traditions in other countries he is a foreigner.

And then i have a lot of good friends there.

chok dii

23 hours ago, Travel Dude said:

Catch him and process according to the law. Some Thai jail will teach him a lesson he won't forget for the rest of his life.

That's a bit harsh.hes an idiot and should be told to please can you not do that and show some respect as this is a religious site.oh and on the way out drop a couple of thousand baht in the box.jail for something that ain't even a crime is over the top if you ask me.

8 hours ago, happy chappie said:

That's a bit harsh.hes an idiot and should be told to please can you not do that and show some respect as this is a religious site.oh and on the way out drop a couple of thousand baht in the box.jail for something that ain't even a crime is over the top if you ask me.

Agreed. No one would go to jail for behaving disrespectfully in a church in most Christian countries, so I don't quite get the rabid calls for him to go to jail...

On 10/12/2018 at 7:39 PM, mok199 said:

just another fool after some facebook fame...Dude, its old tired and worn out...

Agreed. The more outrageous these idiots become, the more social media fame they think they`ll receive. Like the Thai couple that had sex openly in a supermarket. Did the police find those morons?

Problem is the penalties for these types of behaviours are not strict enough, there are no deterrents to make them think twice about their actions. This guy is probably on facebook now boasting about it to his friends. 

Archived