Foreign tourist apologises for doing handstand at Wat Pho

webfact

Foreign tourist apologises for doing handstand at Wat Pho

By The Nation

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPFCPCOFFDFPIduawsi74vgZF6jbGH.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A foreign tourist has apologised on his Instagram page for posting a photo of himself doing a handstand in front of the main Buddha image inside Wat Pho in Phra Nakhon, Bangkok.

The tourist, whose Instagram account is soseguri that has 546 followers, deleted the photo and published an apology early on Friday.

"I am very sorry for the picture that I posted yesterday. I want to apologise to all the Thai and Buddhist people that have been harmed by my acts. It was not my intention," he posted.

His picture was widely shared and drew a lot of criticism.

In the pictutre posted he typed "Presenting my respect to Buda ... #thailand#buda # handstand #workinghard #have fun."

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356322

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-12

1 minute ago, Henrik Andersen said:
8 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Seems a pretty minor and odd thing to get outraged about, to be fair

Why I think you not respect Thai culture ???

Huh? I think you missed the point...

3 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Some people are just natural born iditos...they have to be told everything, no natural intelligence 

Would he have done that in his parent's place of worship?

He would say, "look mommy and daddy! see what I can do?!"

1 hour ago, Formaleins said:

What can you say? There really is quite a lot of idiots the world over! Would these idiots consider doing gymnastics in Westminster Abbey or maybe York Cathedral...…………………don't answer that!

don't answer that!

Why not???

Some people see every situation needing a boost to party mode. Everyone is different  Wouldnt ot be better to respect everyone for being different and not go all ape shat about thai culture and religion all the time. I really feel sick when i hear more people apologizing. I think people get a morbid kick out of making peoplw apologize and wai. Surely im not the only person that sees this. My Thai wife certainly thinka this is all it is and an embarrassment to the country for people a not so accepting people at all.

The guy pushed some buttons but it looks pretty boring....

I simply don't understand idiots that do this kind of cr@p. He has to know it's disrespectful. he has to know this. If he wasn't at least that bright he'd be back in his trailer in the Ozarks.

Let him spend a year in the Bangkok Hilton.

20 hours ago, SammyT said:

The real crime here is wearing those stupid pants...

My guess is that wearing those pants was not a matter of choice.  You can see the belt on his shorts that he has on underneath.  When you go to a temple in the 'wrong attire', you are offered pants as in the picture for a small fee.  I've always assumed that local lads are taking the rise out of tourists by offering really gaudy pants.

Archived