Slipping clutch after oil change (liqui moly) ?

Pepper9187

Hey guys,

Just changed my bike's oil about 2 weeks ago, they put a standard liqui moly 10w40 synthetic "street" oil.

From that day, from time to time my clutch slips when i switch UP at high RPMs (around 12-13K RPM) never happened before, just like 10 minutes ago i switched 3rd to 4th gear and the clutch slipped and the gearbox went in "fake neutral" (not sure how to call that in English).

You guys already had similar experiences? Especially with that brand?

PS : it only happens at high RPM gear up, not slipping at all under any other circumstances (at least for now).

3 hours ago, johng said:

Did they "adjust" the clutch lever/cable ?

Maybe its just coincidence and the clutch plates and springs are on their "last knockings"

How many kilometres has the bike done ?

About 40K "only".

They haven't adjusted the clutch cable (as far as i know + i haven't noticed any changes about that).

Seems pretty early for a dying clutch, especially on a cb400sf which are build like rocks, i bought the bike with about 10K KM few years ago.

I think i'm gona have to change the oil again, never used that brand before = no issues, it's too much of a coincidence.

How to loose 1200 THB in 10 minutes *sigh*

According to the specifications it should be ok

JASO MA – This was the standard for single unit engines where the wet clutch, gearbox and engine used the same oil. JASO-MA oils don’t contain friction modifiers.

JASO-MA2 – This specification was introduced in 2006 for  modern motorcycle engines. As well as being a higher standard of oil the JASO-MA2 approval means the oil is suitable for use in bikes with catalytic converts in the exhaust system.

Liqui Moly Motorbike Engine Oil 4T 10W-40 Street

Developed for air and water-cooled 4-stroke engines exposed to normal to tough operating conditions.
Suitable for engines with or without a wet clutch.

Though the name Liqui Moly    leads me to believe it has Molybdenum in it. ??????

Liqui-Moly-10W-40-Street.jpg.751cddd76dddd977aea630b3539fe653.jpg

3 hours ago, johng said:

According to the specifications it should be ok

Though the name Liqui Moly    leads me to believe it has Molybdenum in it. ??????

Oh right now i hear you !

No idea, i still have the bottle at home (cause they put 3.2L vs 4L can) but i'm in hua hin now, will take a closer look on monday !

(never heard of molybdenum before you mentionned it).

Archived