Dental Work

justSumGai

I'm interested in Bangkok Dental Clinic, there's a nice guesthouse nearby and the area intrigues me. Anyone have any info on this one? What is the area like? I'm not really into trying to see all Bkk, how many years would that take? I just figure to poke around the area nearby the guesthouse and clinc. Near the river, maybe i can do a boat tour? I have no idea if this it biz district, someplace you don't wanna walk about at night, market area or WHAT. Near the National Museum. What would a cab ride to the Dental Hospital on Sukhumvit 49 (soi 49? what does soi mean anyway?).

and you helped me do that by telling me this one is not good or suggesting a better one did'nt ya? My MAIN point was asking about this one. I'm not going to the dentist then go sit at "home". If I wanted to see sights I have posted in another forum and said "hey guys what's good to see'. Presupposing I had not read hundreds of posts already. I have. Including every post I could find on dental, mostly root canal or crown procedures.

By the way, said clinic replied to me within 8 hrs with an appointment time and are good about discussing options.

It's an excellent clinic. It is not near any sightseeing sites, but you can take Sky Train then subway to Hualampong Station from where it is a short cab ride to the riverfront.

From what it sounds like you want you would do best to stay at a guesthouse in the Khao Sarn area which is near the river and sightseeing attractions, to get to the dental clinic cheaply (without spending a huge amount of time) take taxi to Hualampang, subway to I think Soi Asoke (check on that) change to Sky Train to Thonglor and motorcycle taxi or cab from there.

You can also get a single bus from Khao Sran areas to Soi 49 but it would be a very long ride and Bangkok traffic is very bad.

You won't find a good dental facility in the riverfront/sight seeing area itself.

There might be some confusion. This Bangkok Dental Clinic is at 347 Samsen Road, Thewet, Near Bank of Thailand, Phranakorn. It's close to the river, nearby is National Library and Rama Vlll bridge. Democracy Monument not too far away. Seems most dental places there have Bangkok, Dental, Clinic or Hospital in the name. The other one I'm looking at might be the one you refer to on Soi 49 is the Dental Hospital. Seems to be across the city from where I would prefer to stay. I'm wondering what travel time by cab would be from where I'd like to stay by the river to this Dental Hospital (88/88 Sukhumvit 49, Sukhumvit Road). Thanks for your help, I've never been to Bangkok have no idea what travel time across town might be.

this is who i'm in contact with ...

http://www.bangkokdentalclinic.com/mp.htm

this is an option...

http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com/english/about.htm

I notice embassys around this Hospital and I'm guessing low cost place to stay is not gonna happen near it. Thanks again for your time.

The one on Soi 49 is the "real" Bangkok Dental Hospital. The other place has ripped off the name for their website in an effort to get their business, and I don't recommend it.

Travel time by cab to Soi 49 from the riverfront would be long and is not recommended, because of the traffic; that's why I suggest a combo of rapid transit plus cab.

Aside from the routing I suggested, another way would be to take a river taxi to the Taksin pier (I think it's called Tha Taksin but not sure) and then get the Skytrain from there. But not be too quick but would be scenic & fun. Sky Train is fast, the time consuming part is when you are in cabs in traffic.

Despite the greater inconvenience in travel I think you'll be glad if you opt for the "real" Bangkok Dental Hospital. Excellent quality of care at reasonable price.