Troops seize over 47 million meth pills in one year

webfact

Troops seize over 47 million meth pills in one year

f81cbd94a10963e07aeebd279d8600503a63892f

Army troops based at the borders have seized 47.7 million meth pills, over 2.7 tonnes of heroin and 983 kgs of crystal Ice and arrested 3,299 drug suspects throughout last fiscal year between October 1, 60-September 31 this year, said army deputy spokesperson Colonel Sirichan Ngathong on Sunday.

On top of that, she said the army troops also captured 26,070 illegal migrant workers from neighbouring countries.

Regarding the army’s role in protecting the country’s dwindling forests, troops arrested 121 illegal loggers and seized 9,356 Siamese rosewood (Payoong) logs, 713 Pradoo logs, 844 teak logs and more than 7,000 logs of other previous trees.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/troops-seize-over-47-million-meth-pills-in-one-year/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-10-15

I wanna get so high I can touch the sky....she looks like she's had a heavy day or two testing the tabs.if the report is true figures then imagine how much may of got through and how much disappeared or lossed in transit.good going though and all the best to them.keep up the good work chaps.

4 hours ago, how241 said:

Can never win the war on drugs.   Maybe education can help,  maybe.

I agree it may be a war that can never be won however the constant battle is required to keep it in check, to protect the children & weak & vunerable in our midst. Ice or Yabaa is a cancer on our community breaking down families & lives. I have had my share but common sense prevailed and i got back to a normal life, however some of my old friends went deep down the hole and i lost contact. 

6 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Even more reasonably rhetorical would be to ask:

Why is there a war on [some] drugs

????

I guess you're talking about weed which has become semi legal in a lot of western countries, i enjoy the occasional puff but still don't believe it should be legalized as the law keeps it from infiltrating everyday life, the kids & vunerable, by all means smoke it in the privacy of your own home but expect a massive fine when you drive or work ( i don't want the guy changing the wheel on my car zonked out on weed).  The penalty (not jail) acts as a deterrent.

Archived