Prayuth Now Officially On Facebook, Twitter, Instagram

webfact

Prayuth Now Officially On Facebook, Twitter, Instagram

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

44088271_467816387047315_791241703020298

Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha’s official Facebook cover page.

BANGKOK — Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha is now officially on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, a junta deputy secretary said Sunday.

Prayuth’s Deputy Secretary-General Puttipong Punnakan said the accounts are directly overseen by the junta leader.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/10/15/prayuth-now-officially-on-facebook-twitter-instagram/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-10-15

"“The prime minister wants to connect to citizens in a simple, relaxed way that’s not too stressful,” he said. “He wants to communicate with citizens up-close without issuing statements that are too formal, but wants to show that he cares.”"

Well I'd say that's fake news for a start.

1 hour ago, z42 said:

It's great to see that many comments on the posts are scathing and derisory.

The people can actually vent here, and that is a good thing

Wait for the arrests.

Do a thumbs down and then duck and cover.

Best hop in a taxi to the airport.

Freedom of speech is not a strong point of Mr. P.

Remember the press conference where he "joked" to journalists that he could have them be executed? What a funny guy.

Their strategy and campaign is rather behind the times - just waiting 'til now to jump on the social media bandwagon.

They continue to drag behind. 

Wonder who Uncle's webmaster and pages operator might be?????

Prayut gets a taste of acerbic social media as he comes on board

By THE NATION

2d71a2472bf053cc8230d992782555ea.jpeg

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha, who previously said his real happiness was staying away from social media, is now fully equipped with the famous platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram as well as his personal website, but reaction from netizens might remind him that his first instinct had been the best.

With the election getting closer the junta chief, whose popularity is declining, launched his personal social media assault on Saturday in a bid to reach out to people. 

5dbafacfd8f7f5f7cd19aa203cf094f9.jpeg

On his Facebook page, Prayut’s first post read: “Dear citizen, as a lot of people are now communicating via Facebook, I have opened my personal account to communicate with you on government policy, the government’s and my works. All suggestions and opinions are welcomed.”

The post prompted a fierce reaction from his supporters, along with non-fans such as ex-journalist Andrew MacGregor Marshall, who posted a half-Prayut, half-Hitler face portrait along with a comment. 

“I have some feedback,” wrote Marshall on Sunday, when the general asked for suggestions and an exchange of views on Facebook. “We want elections ASAP and a democratic prime minister.

Academic Pavin Chachavalpongpun posted his own picture with the caption, “I’m thirsty”, on Prayut’s page. 

Thai politician Pichai Naripthaphan reacted to Prayut’s page simply by sharing a post from another account that compared Prayut’s two comments regarding social media. On March 5, 2018 Prayut had said his real happiness was not using Facebook, but just seven months later the premier said he was opening a personal Facebook page to reach out and communicate with people. 

Criticism, satirical remarks and reprimands dominated the reactions to Prayut’s Facebook post.

Many called on him to step down, with some saying it was embarrassing for a soldier to topple a female-led government. Some wondered whether Prayut was using government resources to manage his website and social media.

59d4c19bdc69c41ad1efd0cd3abcebf1.jpeg

Twitter @latenightdocto1, joined others by sarcastically advising the premier on how to ask for an increase in income taxes. 

Some posted to Prayut’s Facebook page that they missed former premiers Thaksin and Yingluck Shinawatra and many posted logos of the Future Forward Party.

8dd9881b6a641c25a149e18f48e8188f.jpeg

As of press time, Prayut had 91,514 Facebook followers and had refrained from reacting to any comments. 

Prayut made his first tweet yesterday with simple words greeting people, welcoming them to exchange views on government affairs as well as to invite them to visit his website at prayutchan-o-cha.com. He had hit 9,283 followers on Twitter by press time.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30356485

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-16

"...Dear citizen, as a lot of people are now communicating via Facebook, I have opened my personal account to communicate with you on government policy, the government’s and my works. All suggestions and opinions are welcomed..."

After being fawned over and flattered throughout a military career, then protected by law against real comments as the Junta leader, I suspect that what the Thai people really think of him will come as a shock.

Welcome to the real world, I don't think you are going to like it...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

With the election getting closer the junta chief, whose popularity is declining, launched his personal social media assault on Saturday in a bid to reach out to people. 

The fact that he had popularity at all is very worrisome.  We can only hope his further decline is swift.  He is an embarrassment .

Not sure he will enjoy reading too many of the posts left for him. However with the out of date laws here there will be very few to post their actual feelings I doubt......
This country will remain in a time warp for the masses until the laws are changed to allow free speech..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha is now officially on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

He is about to discover that there is an entire world of people outside of Thailand who will post and not be afraid of retaliation. And likely to see postings by Yingluck and Thaksin themselves in effect using his social media against him.

He may revert back to a Soldier very quickly.

Archived