Phuket Immigration wind up 'Operation X-ray Outlaw Foreigner' crackdown

webfact

Phuket Immigration wind up 'Operation X-ray Outlaw Foreigner' crackdown

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_3064.jpg

Phuket Immigration officers say they’re committed to the national crackdown called Operation X-ray Out Law Foreigner, especially on overstayers.

As a show of force yesterday, more than 252 officers from the Phuket Immigration Office, the Royal Thai Army, the Royal Thai Navy, the Phuket Provincial Police, Highway Police, Tourist Police and Marine Police assembled at the Phuket City Police Station.

The Chief of the Phuket Immigration Office, Col Kathathorn Kumthieng says, “During this month we have checked about 397 accommodations, including hotels, for ‘alien’ (foreigner) reporting. We also discovered some overstayers.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-immigration-wind-up-operation-x-ray-outlaw-foreigner-crackdown

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-10-16

Who writes these headlines? Wind up means to close something down. They seem to be doing the exact opposite here. Not even a mention of Prawit so no watch pun either.

Maybe the same author helps create the catchy slogans so beloved of Thai authorities: 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

'Operation X-ray Outlaw Foreigner'

Over 1,000 arrested in Phuket ‘Operation X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner’ clampdown

By The Phuket News

1539668224_1-org.jpg

Commander of the Royal Thai Police Immigration Division Region 6 Pol Maj Gen Jedsada Yaisun (right). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: In just two weeks over 1,000 foreigners have been arrested in Phuket for visa violations and other immigration offences according to the chief of the Phuket Immigration Office.

The Phuket Immigration Office Chief Pol Col Kathathorn Kumthieng revealed that statistics at a gathering of over 200 officials involved in the ongoing ‘Operation X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner’ clampdown held at Phuket Provincial Police Station at 4pm yesterday (Oct 15).

Also in attendance at the gathering were commander of the Royal Thai Police Immigration Division Region 6 Pol Maj Gen Jedsada Yaisun and officers from the Royal Thai Navy Third Area Command, Phuket City Police, Royal Thai Police and Tourist Police Office.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/over-1-000-arrested-in-phuket-operation-x-ray-outlaw-foreigner-clampdown-68996.php#vdZoDjKsBLlodigC.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-10-16

14 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

What were the authorities doing prior to this crackdown?

I'm sure they were in no way facilitating those pesky foreigners to stay there illegally.

As there were 1,000 outlaws arrested, I wonder what the total number of foreigners is in Phuket, and whether it makes it look like a high percentage of illegals?

Just imagine how many lives could be saved on Thai road if they put this kind of effort into policing the road!!!  :thumbsup:

But it does let one see Thailand's priorities. 

"Good guys in; Bad guys out!" -- Number 1 Top Priority
End the carnage of Thai road -- Not much of a priority

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Who writes these headlines? Wind up means to close something down. They seem to be doing the exact opposite here. Not even a mention of Prawit so no watch pun either.

Maybe the same author helps create the catchy slogans so beloved of Thai authorities: 

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Guess E.T. is shitting himself. 

Is there an authority who might get the bright idea that all those raids and razzias on foreigners might have a negative influence on tourism?

Might it not be better to do this more silently?

Or maybe even in a different way?

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

It did say it was the end of a month long activity

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

"I can make headlines, too."

imageproxy.jpg.47db716594d514c0dc93a77dae2ecc74.jpg

Pol Maj Gen Jedsada, alias "Big Moo"

Big Moo... well yes, I can understand why, (and I do know Moo does not translate to cow...)

Should the headline read "Big Moo brings home the bacon"?

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

Is there an authority who might get the bright idea that all those raids and razzias on foreigners might have a negative influence on tourism?

Might it not be better to do this more silently?

Or maybe even in a different way?

They all enjoy being in the limelight 

Oh the Thais are funny go hard for 1 month  on this and it will be situation normal by Xmas 

And let's get rid  of the pesky farang and tourist that over stays . 

Fast forward 6 months TAT will be whining that the tourist rate is down 

They did a good job with the boat sinking already Chinese tourists are down 35 % 

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

"I can make headlines, too."

imageproxy.jpg.47db716594d514c0dc93a77dae2ecc74.jpg

Pol Maj Gen Jedsada, alias "Big Moo"

If I committed any crime, he is the first person I would like to have chasing me. :cheesy:

He looks like Landburgher Gessler from William Tell. :cheesy:

This would surely restore tourist confidence seeing hundreds of police roaming the streets and assending on hotels????

Lets do Kaosan road take 2. First kill it and then start to spend millions and brainstorm on how to revive it 

50 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

A breakdown of the nationalities would be helpful, I would think that 98% would be from bordering countries.

Exactly. With no breakdown of nationality it was probably a raid on a couple of construction sites where they found documentation wasn’t kept properly plus the usual amount of overstayers who get arrested for other offenses. 

5 hours ago, madmitch said:

So what does "wind down" mean?

Archived