Attitudes Of Farang Men In Thailand Towards Arab Women

zaza

Hi,

Is there a chance to meet nice open minded farang men here ??Am a woman from an Arabic origin and that seems a bit frightening to most of the farang here :o .Maybe you would say I'd better look for arabic men but simply they are not my style cause I was raised in UK and am working here in Bkk.

Is being Arabic provocate hatred or dislike among farang cause they think we are all terrorist or extremist even if am not releigouse myself??

Please tell me your opinons honestly and bluntly

Thx

Edited by zaza

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wy would that be??

I for instance and many expats ,my spouse is not farang but thai..

So I think not many of us are even close to rascist.I am sorry if you feel like that,but I think if you keep thinking like that,you will almost believe it.Maybe some farang or men generally,think they like you a lot,but are scared of,cause they think you got some family maybe running them after.If you make them sure there isn't ,I think there will be a lot interested men waiting in line.No worries and relax.

Wy would that be??

I for instance and many expats ,my spouse is not farang but thai..

So I think not many of us are even close to rascist.I am sorry if you feel like that,but I think if you keep thinking like that,you will almost believe it.Maybe some farang or men generally,think they like you a lot,but are scared of,cause they think you got some family maybe running them after.If you make them sure there isn't ,I think there will be a lot interested men waiting in line.No worries and relax.

Thx 4 replying

You said it expats have Thai spouses ,but nobody would consider hanging around with arabic women cuz they think we have so many taboos :o

aahhahaha,thegender is not set,I asumed zaza was a woman if a man it is he wrong forum.But general topics are for if you are not sure where to put it down and cause he or she is a newbie ,just like that for this instance. :o

Hmmm seems her post made it clear what she is. Wow a newbie calling a newbie a newbie :D

Good for you Zaza.I do not think they will be scared off.Many expats living here now ,came here first by going on holiday or travellers like myself back then.If for instance they met you first instead of their thai girlfriend,and it clicked.I am sure they will not even consider thinking about a thaigirl.Your time will come one day,when you do not think it will happen,like everybody when they meet thier spouse first time.it is just that sprinkling you know....And it wil also be the same with you,no doubt.Good luck and do not think that way,I think arabic woman can be very attractive,maybe you are a bit shy??

aahhahaha,thegender is not set,I asumed zaza was a woman if a man it is he wrong forum.But general topics are for if you are not sure where to put it down and cause he or she is a newbie ,just like that for this instance. :o

Hmmm seems her post made it clear what she is. Wow a newbie calling a newbie a newbie :D

I am not a newbie,maybe not too long on thaivisa,but stay over 8 years in thai allready.

Hi,

Is there a chance to meet nice open minded farang men here ??Am a woman from an Arabic origin and that seems a bit frightening to most of the farang here :o .Maybe you would say I'd better look for arabic men but simply they are not my style cause I was raised in UK and am working here in Bkk.

Is being Arabic provocate hatred or dislike among farang cause they think we are all terrorist or extremist even if am not releigouse myself??

Thx

Absolutely not and most Farang males would probably welcome you with open arms. However being Arabic it is my guess that you still, quite rightly, maintain a high moral code. Therefore may I suggest that in order for that to be respected you avoid Farangs from USA, France, Australia, New Zealand, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Russia, Norway etc etc. Your best bet is to rely on the only moral Farang nationality there is - English. ( No, not Taffs, Jocks or Micks either ). Best of luck in your search

Is being Arabic provocate hatred or dislike among farang?

We have people of arabic decent working in our office in Bangkok and none of them have mentioned any hostility towards them by farang.

:o

What sort of behaviour have you experienced?

Hi,

Thx

Absolutely not and most Farang males would probably welcome you with open arms. However being Arabic it is my guess that you still, quite rightly, maintain a high moral code. Therefore may I suggest that in order for that to be respected you avoid Farangs from USA, France, Australia, New Zealand, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Russia, Norway etc etc. Your best bet is to rely on the only moral Farang nationality there is - English. ( No, not Taffs, Jocks or Micks either ). Best of luck in your search

Common gummy,why generalise so many countries,i am Dutch .And I think we have one of the most multicultural country's in the world,with equal values.Not a thinh to write down,I am sorry,cause it is an individual thing not a country thing.

Hi,

Thx

english, 555555555555555, get some of the football hooligans with high moral codes, I think you are trolling gummy

Hi,

Thx

Common gummy,why generalise so many countries,i am Dutch .And I think we have one of the most multicultural country's in the world,with equal values.Not a thinh to write down,I am sorry,cause it is an individual thing not a country thing.

Oops sorry, just slipped my mind - what was that Dutch Muslim MP who was disqualified and now living in the States?

Hi,

Is there a chance to meet nice open minded farang men here ??Am a woman from an Arabic origin and that seems a bit frightening to most of the farang here sad.gif .Maybe you would say I'd better look for arabic men but simply they are not my style cause I was raised in UK and am working here in Bkk.

Thx

Are you wearing a hijab ?

The simple answer is that some farang men do have issues with Arab culture, but many others don't and would judge you from what you're like instead of your ethnic origin.

I am surprised you're asking. If you were raised in the UK you should already have enough experience of positive and negative attitudes to know it depends on the person?

Hi,

Thx

Oops sorry, just slipped my mind - what was that Dutch Muslim MP who was disqualified and now living in the States?

So does that have anything to do with this topic???Gummy is a dummy.

Hi,

No worries, I am definatetely not racist, i am just a male chauvinist pig.

The simple answer is that some farang men do have issues with Arab culture, but many others don't and would judge you from what you're like instead of your ethnic origin.

I am surprised you're asking. If you were raised in the UK you should already have enough experience of positive and negative attitudes to know it depends on the person?

Well said and Seconded!

Zaza, I doubt that people would be openly racist towards you, but they may be wary of you.

What with honour killings, intolerence towards non-muslims being at the core of many muslims and ugly images of islamic violence beamed to our screens, it's hard to blame them.

If you are not like that, then It will shine through.

At the end of the day we are all Johny Foreigner here in Thailand.

Well ok, in my opinion it is Arabs (middle east and asian) that hold hostile views toward Westerners,

I grew up in London and we fellas wouldn't have anything to do with their women because their guys are racist and aggressive and it's just too much hassle, having to worry about getting attacked in the street just for a night out.

Well ok, in my opinion it is Arabs (middle east and asian) that hold hostile views toward Westerners,

I grew up in London and we fellas wouldn't have anything to do with their women because their guys are racist and aggressive and it's just too much hassle, having to worry about getting attacked in the street just for a night out.

I was raised in Paris, and i have half arab half french origines. I totaly agree with you in one way: there is a big part of the ladies with arabic origin who have a brother and a cousin who will forbid his sister to go out or even to the shopping mall. I understand that this scares Farangs, i mean non Arabs, and even arabs sometimes like me (had some problems already...).

But here we are not in a Paris Project or in London, the majority of the foreigners in Thailand are here either for holiday or jobs. And to live here you need an open mind as Asian culture is very far from Europs culture (or america,...). So i don't think white, brown or black ladies will have an issue to find someone White as BF except if your behavior scares...