Jawa coming back?

findlay13

I saw the name Mahindra and thought..... they made that dreadful Jeep, whick Clarkson said was the worse vehicle he ever drove and it really was a dung-ball. Saw one at an off-road show and it made us cringe.

Let's hope they don't have an input, other than money.

3 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

The ‘BSA’ possible re-born/Indian purchase was mentioned in the UK press about 2 years ago.

Hope it happens. Would love to see a reworked ‘Spitfire’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't.

You just know it's going to be some emissions strangled hipster monstrosity.

Let sleeping Legends lie and RIP.

Unfortunately.

Have you seen what the Chinese are doing with AJS?

Matchless i think is a clothing brand trying to out-do Barbour who out-do Belstaff in trying to make the world's most trendiest & expensive waxed cotton jackets...

Would'nt say no to one of the new Commando's though.

None of this OHC or DOHC modern rubbish.

961cc, air cooled, still got pushrods..... Component quality all top end. Made In England, owned by an Englishmen, no greedy stockholders & board members to f##K it all up.

23 hours ago, findlay13 said:

Yes if they can't do a half decent copy of the original they shouldn't  bother.Royal Enfield for instance,as we've said, had a perfect chance to do a modern decent copy of the interceptor,but didn't.

I think the Indians are pretty stuck in their ways with bikes, dictated by their huge home market. The Chinese are different and we have seen some pretty decent bikes already, the next few years will see them rival the Japs, IMO. If that happens and they continue making real bikes, with a nice engine note, instead of these whining, characterless Jap bikes covered in plastic. they will do very well.

As for the Norton, yes please, but way to rich for me. A mate of mine had one when we were apprentices, gave me a lift and nearly fell off the back racing a Porsche away at the lights. I saved my life by choking the bugga, holding on to his jacket collar. Fast bike left the 911 for dead.

Before that he had a Triton, said he didn't like that?

• 4 weeks later...

The Jawa 350 model , not shown here , is a fully faired classic style bike using the 400 cc single cylinder twin exhaust port engine , that is a Shineray model . Sold in Thailand as a Stallion CT 400. Also sold in England as a Mash 400. So i guess Shineray either owns , or has a business link , with Jawa.

Archived