BKK Chaeng Wattana - Holy Hell, why are there more and more peeps there every 3 months?

Went to extend my tourist visa today and holy hell, had to wait there for 6 hours from 9:30am to 3:30am to extend it. There was a thread created by someone else a few day ago, mind you they went one day after the public holiday so what do you expect, but seeing as the public holiday is long gone and today being a Thursday I decided to go to Chaeng Wattana. It's been the longest and most painful wait in going there for many years. I thought 3 months ago when I did it that it was getting a lot longer the wait with lots of peeps, but today was dreadful. Is everyone feeling this over the past year that BKK immigration has now got too many peeps going there for extensions? Is this the same with other provinces or only BKK? They really should make many places where peeps in BKK can go, not just one place that the whole of BKK goes. It's such a big city with a huge population, it's not like the provinces.

Yeah I got my extension over 2 days Tuesday and Wednesday cause the computer system went down at 6pm Tuesday night and could not save my photo. I had to come back Wednesday morning (didn't need to wait in the line thank god) but I have never seen a line that long at CW ever. It was almost 1000 or more I would guess and it snaked around very long. And I have been going to CW for extensions since it opened around 2010 or so.

Also the line to get que tickets for the sections did not dissipate until at least 9:30 or so.

I stayed and got my re-entry which did not take that long - maybe an hour.

But I pity the poor souls doing 90 day reports, tourist visa extensions, and what is by far the slowest and longest wait - ED Visa extensions.

The new man in charge really needs to hire more staff or re-open Suan Plu as a second office.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a977 said:

Have no sympathy for you so called Bankokians, went to Chonburi Immigration Soi 5 Jomtien yesterday arrived 12.55pm left 1.10pm done 90 day report and retirement extension. Nothing but praise for people at Jomtien well done keep up the good work 

How was the tourist visa extension line at Chonburi? Was it also short like the Retirement visa line?

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

How was the tourist visa extension line at Chonburi? Was it also short like the Retirement visa line?

Number came up before I had finished at 90 day report bit embarrassing but lady at table8 was understanding and waited for me to finish 90day, as I say nothing but praise for Jomtien they've come a long way in the 4 years sine I've been here

7 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Perhaps in another hundred years even these made up words as an attempt to bastardise the English language will be overtaken by just grunts and groans. Back to primeval communication.

See the film "Idiocracy" for a preview ...

Unaware of what year it was, Joe wandered the streets desperate for help. But the English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and f***gy to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Friday two weeks ago, ED visa extension. Arrived at 11am because had a class before. 297 people waiting. I was out 9:30pm and still not the last customer.
They really need to work on this particular department for ED extensions and increase the number of counters...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Bro, you need to go back to school and learn some English if you don't know what peeps are....????????????

According to the dictionary it is slang and means friends or acquaintances. firstly why should he learn slang at school? They should be teaching correct English. Secondly, I do not believe that you have so many friends and acquaintances as to cause a problem at immigration.

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Friday two weeks ago, ED visa extension. Arrived at 11am because had a class before. 297 people waiting. I was out 9:30pm and still not the last customer.
They really need to work on this particular department for ED extensions and increase the number of counters...

Woahhhh! That's so crazy the wait! I can't believe that these days there are so many wanting to come here on an Ed Visa since the crackdown a few years ago. Why are there so many peeps wanting to come and live in BKK since a few years ago? Seems there are double the amount of foreigners living in BKK since that time.

Edited by bbi1

59 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Yep, that's exactly what it means for those uneducated in English slang words. ???? It's even in Oxford Dictionary as you pointed out.

The actual definition given in the link above is -

informal 

• People (often used to refer to a person's friends or associates)

‘thanks for the feedback, peeps!’

I doubt that most on here would consider you a friend or even an associate...........:smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Woahhhh! That's so crazy the wait! I can't believe that these days there are so many wanting to come here on an Ed Visa since the crackdown a few years ago. Why are there so many peeps wanting to come and live in BKK since a few years ago? Seems there are double the amount of foreigners living in BKK since that time.
I think it has to do with the concentration of many universities in Bangkok therefore many people apply there.
Nowadays a lot of Chinese and other Asian students that get admission easier than in their home countries.