Bangkok's ‘Doctor Love’ Wants to Help Chinese Make Babies

webfact

Bangkok's ‘Doctor Love’ Wants to Help Chinese Make Babies

By Michelle Jamrisko

>> Thailand targets Chinese couples as child laws are relaxed

>> Spas, private hospitals seek bigger slice of medical tourism

From a luxury spa in central Bangkok, Wei Siang Yu hopes to lure Thailand’s latest tourist target: couples needing a bit of extra magic to make babies.

Billed as “second-honeymoon” breaks, Wei provides wellness treatments in tranquil surroundings designed to boost the chances of naturally conceiving and bearing a healthy child. The Singaporean national has ambitions of hosting thousands of couples next year paying 30,000 yuan ($4,325) each for a three-day program, and reckons around half of them will travel from China.

“We see a huge market in this new topic of lifestyle modification, which requires a balance of body, mind and soul,” said Wei, a trained doctor who fronted TV programs in Singapore last decade such as ‘Dr. Love’s Super Baby Making Show.’

Full story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-18/bangkok-s-dr-love-woos-chinese-couples-with-fertility-tours

-- Bloomberg 2018-10-19

2 hours ago, webfact said:

wellness treatments in tranquil surroundings designed to boost the chances of naturally conceiving and bearing a healthy child

I'm guessing the tiger penis soup and bear bile stew fad is well and truly over now.

28 minutes ago, nahkit said:

If he can pm me some pictures of the applicants I can probably help him out with a few of them.

No Chinese would want a smelly, hairy, big-nosed baby. 

Unless it gets automatic entry to New Zealand or Canada.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Wei provides wellness treatments in tranquil surroundings

Not like Soi/6 then ..

6 hours ago, webfact said:

thousands of couples next year paying 30,000 yuan ($4,325) each for a three-day program, and reckons around half of them will travel from China.

IMG_20181019_060624.jpg

17 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

At 1.8 billion people, I think the Chinese have a pretty good idea on how to make babies. The Japanese with their desperately low birth rate would be a better target.

Apparently the problem in Japan isn't infertility its just that a lot of younger men aren't interested in family life, being couples or romance ..... bizarre!

On 10/19/2018 at 8:18 AM, Darcula said:

I'm guessing the tiger penis soup and bear bile stew fad is well and truly over now.

Maybe some herbal quack in Thailand flooded the Chinese market with cheap "RhinoHorn(y)" medicine, made of secret ancient Siamese recipe ingredients like hair and fingernail chips which have exactly the same chemical structure = Zero impact!

Archived