My Education visa is expiring

Hi guys

My 8 months education visa is expiring on the 31st of October same time as my language course expires too. I signed up to further my studies for another 6 months so my school applied for the letter from the Ministry of Education. Unfortunately, one of my classmates at my school got denied at Vientianne Embassy and they told her that she can only do one course per year. My school advised my to wait until early 2019 to apply for a new education visa. My question is, Will there be any problems if I apply for a tourist visa in Vientianne while waiting for my new course in early 2019? I already paid my tuition. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-P355 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The new rule at Vientiane is that you can only apply for one non-ed visa per calendar year.

You could possibley get another non-ed visa at another embassy or consulate.

You could get a tourist visa in Vientiane without a problem unless you have gotten 3 or more of them in the past.

You could start your new course of study with a tourist visa entry. You do not have to have a non-ed visa to attend school.

The new rule at Vientiane is that you can only apply for one non-ed visa per calendar year.
You could possibley get another non-ed visa at another embassy or consulate.
You could get a tourist visa in Vientiane without a problem unless you have gotten 3 or more of them in the past.
You could start your new course of study with a tourist visa entry. You do not have to have a non-ed visa to attend school.
I had tourist visas from vientianne in the past before i got my education visa. Should I be worried?

Sent from my SM-P355 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, Nesnaitsirk said:

3 in savanakhet and 2 tourist visas in vientianne then my education visa from vientianne

Vientiane only counts tourist visas they have done. You should not have a problem getting one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nesnaitsirk said:

I had tourist visas from vientianne in the past before i got my education visa. Should I be worried?

Vientiane will generally issue TR Visas until they, or any other embassy, adds a little "extra stamp" to a tourist-visa which reads something like, "This person travels to Thailand frequently with Tourist Visas..."  If none of your TR-Visas have this "remark" - then you should get at least one more TR Visa in Vientiane without a problem.  

After you do have that remark stamped on a TR Visa, you could still get an ED (or other non-TR type) from Vientiane OK - but be prepared to get a new passport from your embassy (as Thai consulate staff advise) before attempting more TR Visas.

Edited by JackThompson