Morality in Thailand.

MrJerome

Everything i state next is in my opinion valid for 95 % of the people here...so not everybody, that would be simple.

I would like to ask people here about countries like Vietnam or malaysia....and it's people and their way of life.

I am having a very hard time with the way Thai take part in society...I think this society is rotten to the core..filled with false morals and disregard for their fellow human beings.....and the people who live here are to blame for it. Not the gouvernment or anything...

I would love to know if the level of ignorance and egoism i experience every day here is the same in Vietnam or Malaysia for instance. 

Or is there more a sense of hope and building for a better future, because i think there is a complete lack of this in Thailand.

I am aware this will give me a lot of comments of haters and dreamers....But still i have a question that is 100% sincere...is the mentality in South East Asia overall the same or does it differ a lot?

So let the people who have experienced and see what i mean help me with some advice...Let the ones blind and ignorant stay in their cloud.

I've been living in Thailand for over 11 years now..Am married, run a building company, have a big family here.

I know what is happening and i've been observing and thinking about it as long as i am here..

Many things i did not understand when i first came...confusing..many thing i did not know..made me angry many time haha so stupid..had to learn and i did.

Overall i am moderately succesfull and happy here, in the sense that i can afford the same lifestyle as back home..I concider myself very lucky for that.

I can see around me that many have it a lot worse.

BUT the one thing i can not get my head around..the one thing i noticed first when i came here and it still bothers me a lot..

The experience and knwoledge gained over the last 11 years, did not bring me a clear mind or anything close to an answer....It is worsening year by year too...Even de Thai i mingle with confirm to me they see it happening too...

The morality in this country is so low that is almost impossible to create something that has meaning towards a better future..people are without hope or fight, they are egocentric, they prefer to be ignorant and proud and you just can NOT trust them, it gets proven time after time after time in every aspect of life...I can not trust them....the worst quality in a person i believe..being untrustworthy...( other words come to mind too like racist, xenofobic but that's another discussion)

let me know if you have lived in other countries in Asia too, and how you've experienced this..

If you think Thailand is a beautiful paradise on earth and the people are lovely smiling and wonderful, then your advice is clearly not really what i need.

If you feel what i am feeling...can you advice me please...i  am about to let Thailand be for what it is and  never look back at it, because i do not believe in the people anymore.....it makes me sad, it hurts , there is a reason i came here i loved it.

Greetings....I AM NOT BASHING  JUST STATING FACTS FOR REALISTS

Edited by MrJerome
  • Like 1

I see good and bad. My neighbours in the little community where i live on the outskirts of BKK are gold. No different to me in that they desire only to provide for their families, my boss is a diamond, takes her Buddhist beliefs seriously. But there are always the a***holes. Just like anywhere else in the world really. 

The pros, for me, outweigh the cons.  But I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do. 

Edited by nikmar
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

I love it living on lower Sukhumvit surrounded by westerners and English speaking thais. My long term GF makes double my pension ⚅ in a high profile job so I don't need to worry about supporting her.

If I had to live in the sticks surrounded by hillbillies I would be on the next flight out
Trying to assimilate into a buhdist culture is like communicating with Martians!

Marrying a hooker in Pattaya is not an option although most of the guys don't seem to have a problem with it

So you live off your girlfriend and the taxpayer. Way to go.

CLOSED

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Haha 2