Ok who's not paying their fines? ????

findlay13

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

British Columbia now - speeding fine - over 30km, bike or car seized for 30 days

Not so bad here !

Just watched the latest 44T video, they are touring on used older Italian Exotica to Italy, via Switzerland. One of the guys gets pulled in Switzerland doing near 150 kph in an 80. Banned from driving & riding in the country for 3 months and a near 4000 GBP English Pounds on the spot fine! Or immediate jail.

10 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Just watched the latest 44T video, they are touring on used older Italian Exotica to Italy, via Switzerland. One of the guys gets pulled in Switzerland doing near 150 kph in an 80. Banned from driving & riding in the country for 3 months and a near 4000 GBP English Pounds on the spot fine! Or immediate jail.

They sort of deserved that though ,they well aware of harsh fines over there,,,,they post a video riding roads in Uk like that be same outcome probably worse,oncoming riders was even warning them something was going on further up the road.

if you wanna ride like that they should come Thailand,400 bht fine and free to carry on????????????????????????

Australia now,20 kph and + over and it's double demerit points .Virtually kiss your licence goodbye.Fines and demerit points doubled in some states on public holidays when everyone's driving [but it's NOT revenue raising.It's for our safety????]

In the past 20 years, I have not paid about 20% of my fines. This means I paid the majority. For each non-payment there was a reason, it wasn't simply random. The main factor in all of them was how much of a possibility for some comeback for non-payment was there. I never heard any more with regard to each and every unpaid fine. They date back over 15 years.

Here's 3 reasons I can remember.

1. Guerrilla type roadblock on Sri Nakharin Road by Highway Police (not local police station) demanding money with menaces (unreceipted) from motorcyclists. I refused to play and after an unpleasant few minutes I was given a very dubious ticket for a non-standard helmet.

2. Crossed Bangkok (on my day off, 3 days after issue of ticket) to one of the 2 police stations on Soi Suan Phlu only to be told they weren't accepting any fine payments on that day (no reason given). Told to come back the next day. Never did.

3. Weighed up the fact that the IDP they took off me was only 1 month from finishing and the cost of fine and decided it wasn't worth recovering it.

I rent a house and the owners has had 4 tickets mailed here in the last 8 months.  I have told her about them and sent her pics of the tickets but she doesn't seem to care.  They all carry a 500 baht fine. Most are for lane usage and caught by the cameras.

Archived