Loud pipes

findlay13

It's not the Big Bikes they should be targeting.. They are the big shiny obvious targets but they are far out-numbered by the little bikes.

Almost every M-Slaz has a "modified" i.e. LOUD exhaust fitted. even the little Waves are getting in on the act.

I live in a high-floor condo and especially at night I can "track" one of these for at least one or two kilometers..

I don't like the super loud open pipes.

But part of the problem are the noise regulations for new bikes.

I just bought one and it makes little noise - silent is not the right word but it's somewhere near that.

So now lots of pedestrians, often tourists, who like to walk in the middle of the road, don't hear my bike and won't move away.

I never had that problem with older bikes which were not really loud but loud enough for people to notice the noise.

Sure, I can use my horn, but I really think about a more "natural" solution with a pipe with make some noise...

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

It's not the Big Bikes they should be targeting.. They are the big shiny obvious targets but they are far out-numbered by the little bikes.

Almost every M-Slaz has a "modified" i.e. LOUD exhaust fitted. even the little Waves are getting in on the act.

I live in a high-floor condo and especially at night I can "track" one of these for at least one or two kilometers..

Agree lots of old Waves with no exhaust fitted in our village and quite a few of the 300 cc bikes some sound noisy but nice and some are silly loud though.

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

It's not the Big Bikes they should be targeting..

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

This is correct and this is the problem. I live in Nakon Nowhere, no neighbors, not in a village, not in a town. House by itself. Small country road in front about 50m from the road. M/c's to and fro all day long, but the LOUDEST BY FAR are the little 110-150cc bikes - unbelievable how 9-15 bhp can be so annoyingly loud.

And i'm one of the last people in the world to complain to the Fun Polizei.

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

This is correct and this is the problem. I live in Nakon Nowhere, no neighbors, not in a village, not in a town. House by itself. Small country road in front about 50m from the road. M/c's to and fro all day long, but the LOUDEST BY FAR are the little 110-150cc bikes - unbelievable how 9-15 bhp can be so annoyingly loud.

And i'm one of the last people in the world to complain to the Fun Polizei.

You could install an automatic measuring system with a big monitor.

123.7 dB - you are the winner for today

And don't forget the camera which makes pictures from the front and back to see the face and the numbers.
Maybe you can sell certificates of their "achievements" to the racers. ???? 
And if they don't want to buy them, let's say for 1,000B each, then you can still send them to the BiB. 

• 3 weeks later...
You could install an automatic measuring system with a big monitor.
123.7 dB - you are the winner for today
And don't forget the camera which makes pictures from the front and back to see the face and the numbers.
Maybe you can sell certificates of their "achievements" to the racers. [emoji6] 
And if they don't want to buy them, let's say for 1,000B each, then you can still send them to the BiB. 

Or get a life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really mind the bikes (although there are a couple of really loud modified scooters somewhere close to me) because as someone earlier mentioned they are gone in an instant...what gets me is the tipper trucks with modified 10inch straight thru pipes that trundle past my house at 4kph with the driver continually blipping the throttle...it makes me want to lob rocks at them!

I run a lot of trucks...even this one makes less of a racket!

20170527_130429 (Medium).jpg

Archived