Dining Odds And Ends

DaMan

Back in town after a spell and perusing some eating establishments:

Salsa Kitchen - It is really hard to live up to the hype, many have fallen when they had to face up (The only other place to live up has been the Dukes). I am happy to say this was the real deal. I had the chicken burrito and leave it to a thai to order mexican lasagna but she seemed to enjoy it. Laid back, delicous and overall an enjoyable experience. No margaritas as I was afraid of the crappy tequila they might use, I only drink the quality stuff.

Veg Indian food Moon muang soi 9 - Well this place is closed and it always has been a bit up and down but I always seemed to like the family. I love my thai food but get a hankering for something different from time to time. I wanted to eat indian and noticed the place next door was now serving veg indian food. They had pictures on the menu and everything and I figured why not? I think they are relatives to the blue diamond folks. Also nice people but sad to say the food was horrible. For some reason everything was really watery and tasted terrible.

This easily ranks with one my worst meals ever in thailand.

Gai Yang nimm road soi ? next to grace dental - Really great and fresh off the grill chicken. Hot off the grill and onto your plate half chicken with sticky rice 50b. I think i mentioned this place way back and it deserves a second mention. No english menu, if you can't habla espanol, point and click. Its pretty much gai yang and somtum anyway.

Tuskers - I have not eaten here but had few beer lao there after walking by and noticing the pleasant ambience. The owner Chas seems to be really nice guy, check it out and see what you think.

Am looking forward to returning pilgrimage to the Dukes.........

Edited by DaMan