Apply for new Non B extension but already have an old 'not cancelled' expired extension

I used to work earlier in Bangkok on a WP and a NON-B 1 year extension (with retry permit) during 2014 but then I got transferred to another country and my organisation cancelled my WP after some time. Since I was not in Thailand, my NON B extension was never cancelled which later expired on 2015.

So, now I am back in Bangkok and got my new work permit last week. Should I expect any issues in immigration office when applying for a new extension, as the old one is not cancelled on my passport although it expired 3 years ago.

Great, that's what I thought.

Although my current company's HR was confused and said that you need get it cancelled. I guess it might be necessary for people who have a valid extension from old work permit but seemed unnecessary for expired extensions, but hey, you never know.. the bureaucracy and rigid processes.. ????

18 minutes ago, theghizmo said:

Although my current company's HR was confused and said that you need get it cancelled. I guess it might be necessary for people who have a valid extension from old work permit but seemed unnecessary for expired extensions, but hey, you never know.. the bureaucracy and rigid processes.. ????

The previous extension has expired/ended so it can't be cancelled. Sometimes people have issues getting a new work permit if a previous one wasn't properly cancelled, but in your case an expired extension will not be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Immigration rejected the extension without cancelation of the expired extension and re-entry.

My agent coordinated with my ex employer (with whom I worked 3 years ago in Bangkok) to arrange the required documents and then got it canceled before applying for a new extension. 

There's a void stamp over my old reentry stamp in visa and hand written thai text on that page. My agent says immigration dept wrote it for their records,it mentions some letter number and explains my case. 

• 4 years later...
On 10/21/2018 at 12:28 AM, theghizmo said:

Did you even travel to thailand for tourist reason between when the extension of stay was valid? reason I asked is I'm in same situation as you and I'll be entering Thailand on the 27th bringing my BOI termination letter with still the reentry permit and extension of stay valid until 2024 in my passport but the visa and permit has been cancelled remotely.

Did you get a BOI termination letter as well?

Archived