The Thai Company loophole is closed –then what?

On 10/23/2018 at 10:22 PM, Langsuan Man said:

Maybe, there have been no surprises for me in the last 10 years of ownership of a company owned house.  Other than one case in Phuket, involving a local motorcycle gangs, no one on Thai Visa has ever reported Thai authorities seizing a company owned house from a foreigner due to company structure

I have reported several times in recent years that the Land Office in CM has instructed two of my UK friends to rearrange the ownership of their homes, from the company structure and into something else, both complied.

19 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I have reported several times in recent years that the Land Office in CM has instructed two of my UK friends to rearrange the ownership of their homes, from the company structure and into something else, both complied.

So the Land Office had them tweak the structure, a far cry from confiscating ones assets.  An pray tell what is the something else 

On 10/25/2018 at 10:46 PM, NanLaew said:

Like the TV members that rant and rail when their moving traffic violation results in the totally unreasonable "ticket-only, surrender license, pay fine" sort of liaison with the MiB instead of the casual bung of 3 red bills?

And that is off topic and completely irrelevant to the posting

On 10/22/2018 at 2:40 AM, baansgr said:

The saber rattling about Thai company  set ups rears it's head every so often  and has done for at least 15 years I know of.  The reality is, Thais are the only people to benefit from this system.  The Foreigners own nothing and pay all the money,  lawyers benefit, DBD benefit,  builders benefit,  all money in Thai pockets.  Why would any Thai agency want to change that. 

Your reasoning is logical but this is Thailand so....

If if it happened it would be purely a Nationalistic / Xenophobic measure , if the military stay in power such a scenario is possible.

5 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

So the Land Office had them tweak the structure, a far cry from confiscating ones assets.  An pray tell what is the something else 

...Thai proxy ownership, my wife was one such owner, as a favour, for several years until she got out from underneath it all at my insistence.

Archived