Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Two Guinean men arrested on romance-scan suspicions

webfact

Two Guinean men arrested on romance-scan suspicions

By The Nation

44517113_697787340577114_112951321987907584_n.jpg

File photo: Thai Immigration

Two Guinean men have been arrested on suspicion of belonging to a ring that has defrauded more than Bt1.8 million from Thai women, Immigration Police acting chief Pol Maj-General Surachate Hakpal said on Monday.

He told a press conference that Felix Mario, 37, and Komis Christian, 31 (not official spellings), were arrested following an investigation.

They are alleged to have deceived Thai women in several parts of the country, including in Chanthaburi, Khon Kaen, Loei, Krabi, Surat Thani and Surin.

The two were also found to have overstayed their visas.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356934

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-22

23 minutes ago, webfact said:

They are alleged to have deceived Thai women in several parts of the country, including in Chanthaburi, Khon Kaen, Loei, Krabi, Surat Thani and Surin.

Looks like it's very difficult for these women to find genuine loving men who actually send them gifts or money that they're promised online. Is the interweb that untrustworthy really?

39 minutes ago, webfact said:

Immigration Police acting chief Pol Maj-General Surachate Hakpal said on Monday

I see Big Joke has gone back to acting now. Last week, according to some news articles he appeared to have stopped treading the boards.

I thought his pantomime days were behind him, and he was going to settle down and get his feet under a desk.

He obviously loves the limelight and the public attention. You just can't keep a good thespian down.

2 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Is B J saying " this board cost a lot more than 2 guinea's .. I can tell you " .. 

Ha ha! Yeah, it cost more than 2 guineas, but it wasn't worth the price.

Ten years ago we used to pay 800 Baht for a 2M x 1M flexible vinyl banner - it looks like they're on the hard stuff there.

55 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha! Yeah, it cost more than 2 guineas, but it wasn't worth the price.

Ten years ago we used to pay 800 Baht for a 2M x 1M flexible vinyl banner - it looks like they're on the hard stuff there.

What you worked for Imm' 10yrs ago .! :sorry: ( couldn't resist that one Sof' my keyboard tourette's won out ) :smile: .. 

44517113_697787340577114_112951321987907

“Now, can anyone explain to me why we are having this conference inside and during daylight hours?

You know I am at my best at 1.30 am on a soi round nana or cowboy. 

Get your act together boys, and make sure this doesn’t happen again”

Is there such thing as a white romance scammer here in Thailand.my mrs reckoned I scammed her.when we first met I was staying in a 6,000b a night hotel for 3 weeks.she thought that she had hit the jackpot.on my return a couple of months later I rented a shop house for 4,500baht a month.well you should of seen her face over the next few days while I had her scrubbing the place up.i could see she was having second thoughts about it but stuck it out and now we are happily married in a nice new home.

Archived