Elephants go for stroll in national park, delight tourists and officials

snoop1130

Elephants go for stroll in national park, delight tourists and officials

By The Nation

55de2b58ddce5ff113a2b26c8b7b590f-sld.jpeg

A herd of wild elephants went for a walk on the road that runs through Khao Yai National Park in Nakhon Ratchasima province on Tuesday.

They walked together peacefully, with the bigger pachyderms apparently taking care of their little ones. 

Bigger elephants sandwiched small elephants as they walked on the road, probably because they wanted to make sure their little members were safe and sound. 

The sight of the elephants delighted and amazed tourists. 

A park official noticed the well-behaved herd and took their pictures to share on social media. 

After the photos and a video clip of the herd were uploaded to Facebook, it had been shared more than 2,300 times inside two hours. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357022

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-23

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Great photo. I have seen similar during the night whilst driving on Route 12 through Nam Nao National Park between Lomsak and Chum Phae in Isaan. Can be a bit scary when you suddenly see them in your headlights.

Only time I saw an elephant at night was its back end, it too was scary. You see, I was returning home from town and was "under the influence" on my motorbike. Ahead in the dark there was a red light swaying back and forth. What the...? The mahout had attacted a red light to the tail of his elephant!

39 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Only time I saw an elephant at night was its back end, it too was scary. You see, I was returning home from town and was "under the influence" on my motorbike. Ahead in the dark there was a red light swaying back and forth. What the...? The mahout had attacted a red light to the tail of his elephant!

Thoughtful mahout - some lorry drivers at night, please take note!!

Archived