Manual for Android?

OneMoreFarang

Is there anywhere a comprehensive manual for Android?

I like to learn about the details and I am willing to read hundreds or pages - but I don't find a manual anywhere.

I work with computers (mostly Windows) since forever and there was a time when every program was delivered with a big manual. Most of the time it was not necessary to read it but at least it was possible to look up details.

It seems now there are no manuals anymore and somehow users are supposed to find out all the details by themselves or find the answer somewhere on the internet.

I find this very frustrating.

The same is true for many apps. Where are the manuals? Online, offline, in a bookshop, anywhere?

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

The apps are SUPPOSED to be user friendly, self explanatory. BUT if you cannot figure something out on your Android...............ask a 7 year old ! 

I answer this in your own words: "Older, but wiser?"

Do you know all the swipe here from there to there with x finger gestures? Are they intuitive? Sure not!

And your 7 year old will click everywhere yes, ok, continue but then the parents are confused when all those pictures are online and the in-app purchases add up to thousands. No I won't ask a 7 year old.

The reason no manual exists is that most OEM make the phones  different especially the homescreen. 

Fortunately you can install your own launchers which you can then use on any android phone and it will look the same regardless of the phone.

i suggest you look up launchers and a good one to use is Nova launcher.

2 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

The reason no manual exists is that most OEM make the phones  different especially the homescreen. 

Fortunately you can install your own launchers which you can then use on any android phone and it will look the same regardless of the phone.

i suggest you look up launchers and a good one to use is Nova launcher.

Thanks, currently I try the Microsoft Launcher because until now I had a Windows phone.

I found this wonderful website about the Microsoft Launcher with lots of pretty pictures - but no manual, and no support link...

Archived