Tourism officials looking to revive Chinese visits to Thailand

webfact

"Tourism authorities are now seeking to reassure all tourists of Thailand’s safety". How can that be said with a straight face when Chiang Mai has the most deadly roads in the world and sidewalks that are often more dangerous to walk on than the roads. I am far from infirm but have gone AOT in Nimmanhaemin on two occasions, one of them resulting in 16 stitches to my forehead. One of my mates has broken both knees on separate occasions.

If Thai authorities are serious about attracting tourists and saying good things when they get back home, then make the traffic police control the kamikaze motorbike riders and drivers, fix the sidewalks, bury the dangerous hanging wires, and provide rubbish bins and toilets in tourist streets. It ain't rocket science. Private enterprise does a first class job of making tourists return home happy but somebody needs to have a blunt talk to local government authorities. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism authorities are now seeking to reassure all tourists of Thailand’s safety

Really? What did the Govt. suddenly change? Sounds like usual B.S.!

Is the Minister of Tourism and Sports, Weerasak Kowsurat on the same planet as the rest of us? Sheesh! ????

I think there are enough. Last week in Bangkok, they were often blocking lanes in the BTS stations. Instead of stepping aside they just continue with the same failing activity, or stand there doing nothing. BTS needs special manned lanes to deal with them.

7 hours ago, Ossy said:

Hey, that Weerasak's really on a roll, here. "Come on, you Chinks and other environmentally friendly people. Come and visit our safe and friendly land - visas waived, if you promise to be sustainable - but just mind what you're doing with your waste." Another classic from the Junta Joke Book.

Chinks? You’re an <deleted> racist. What are you? A wop, dumb Russkie, drunken Brit?. Get my point? You should eat the Trump I’m taking this tonight and clean your mouth!????

Still hoping enough time has passed since the mass slaughter at sea that Chinese people have forgotten what happened and that they'll come flocking back in the same numbers to fill the pockets again !!

Not in the slightest bit interested in human life or the suffering they caused.. just get the money coming in again !

35 minutes ago, Thian said:

It's no bs, from now on the touristboats are not allowed to go on open sea during storms....what about that huh?

Woo hoo! Wow! Yeah! How could I have missed the answer to all safety problems. Will give myself an uppercut! :clap2:

When it's obvious a military dictatorship country doesn't care about the rule of law, safety for its own people, everywhere the greed is evident, how can you erase this boat accident?  The boat accident that probably has the China reading past blog posts from  fellow Countryman with more belief.  Now they read all the negatives in Thailand and now they believe what is the truth. 

It would be interesting to read Chinese trip advisor type sites.  

2 hours ago, mserror said:

I think there are enough. Last week in Bangkok, they were often blocking lanes in the BTS stations. Instead of stepping aside they just continue with the same failing activity, or stand there doing nothing. BTS needs special manned lanes to deal with them.

Just smash right into them. That's what they understand 

Gotta love the environmentaly friendly angle. Tourists can enjoy the smoke in the burning season in Issan while your there get a dose of the harmless farm chemicals, go hunting for rare and endagered species with HiSo's and to top it off take a selfie with a 300,000 tonne mountain of garbage in Koh Samui.

18 hours ago, dcnx said:

I’d love to see them never return and the entire tourism industry that was built on their backs fall to pieces. Thailand doesn’t deserve the tourists who flock here only to be deceived, scammed, ripped off, attacked, talked about, abused, and their safety taken for granted at every turn. 

Over and over again the Thais are given chances to change but they just can’t help themselves. 

I have to agree. Living here in retirement, it is puzzeling why the Chinese tourists flock to swim in polluted water, eat in pre-arranged packs and expose themselves to all sorts of hazards. Perhaps they are bored with the same in their own country.

The truth about what genuinely awaits them is broadcasted on the internet daily. Too bad their country filters out a lot of it with the "Dis-Information Great Wall".

15 minutes ago, Benmart said:

I have to agree. Living here in retirement, it is puzzeling why the Chinese tourists flock to swim in polluted water, eat in pre-arranged packs and expose themselves to all sorts of hazards. Perhaps they are bored with the same in their own country.

The truth about what genuinely awaits them is broadcasted on the internet daily. Too bad their country filters out a lot of it with the "Dis-Information Great Wall".

The fact is that no matter how terrible it is, it's still better than "the world's most crowded beach" in china:

Image result for china resort beach busy

He has no need to be concerned as I read the story here the other day. Big Jokes boys are communicating with the Chinese through Wiebo social media platform. From a punch in the face at the airport to Lol come to Thailand it's gr8.????????

10 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Just smash right into them. That's what they understand 

I just walk like a always do, if they block my way or push me away i just look the other way and continue my way...Sometime it pays to be a few heads taller...

One day i was boarding the plane and a whole group chinese came pushing me and another farang, the other one just left the que and walked straight through the boardingpass-checks without showing his ticket...nothing happened to him...they didn't call him back so i did the same....works perfect.

8 minutes ago, Thian said:

I just walk like a always do, if they block my way or push me away i just look the other way and continue my way...Sometime it pays to be a few heads taller...

One day i was boarding the plane and a whole group chinese came pushing me and another farang, the other one just left the que and walked straight through the boardingpass-checks without showing his ticket...nothing happened to him...they didn't call him back so i did the same....works perfect.

About 3 years ago at Swampy queued up to go through Immigration with a very long queue behind me, about 3 or 4 younger Asians walked directly up to the front of the queue. That p$ssed me off so I called them out and using my thumb gestured to them to get back into the queue. There was a stunned silence all around me. Not a word was said by these young guys and they meekly returned to the back of the queue! All the other Asians were absolutely silent (transfixed?) and the farangs around were giving some claps and thumbs up.

Mind you, not the first time I have publicly chastised some of these people. At Disney Land in the USA my partner and I were on a boat ride they took us around some minature world sights and the guide was talking to us all thru a microphone system. A bunch of Asians not seated, just stood there yapping away loudly in their own language, which again p$ssed me off because we could not hear what the guide was telling us. I stood up, looked directly at this noisy group and called out loudly "Shut up!" The result was absolute silence (again) and sitting down by this lot. The remainder of the ride was peaceful and enjoyable.

It can be done, particularly if there are more farang around than asian - safety in numbers!  ????

20 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I was thinking of taking the Mrs and the kids on a road trip through Laos and Cambodia next month, but not sure it will be safe?

Checked both countries Tourism Ministries web sites and it appears neither have a "Handbook"!

Perhaps safer to stay in Thailand?

Friend just went to Laos and said it is now their favorite place to go.

33 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

About 3 years ago at Swampy queued up to go through Immigration with a very long queue behind me, about 3 or 4 younger Asians walked directly up to the front of the queue. That p$ssed me off so I called them out and using my thumb gestured to them to get back into the queue. There was a stunned silence all around me. Not a word was said by these young guys and they meekly returned to the back of the queue! All the other Asians were absolutely silent (transfixed?) and the farangs around were giving some claps and thumbs up.

Mind you, not the first time I have publicly chastised some of these people. At Disney Land in the USA my partner and I were on a boat ride they took us around some minature world sights and the guide was talking to us all thru a microphone system. A bunch of Asians not seated, just stood there yapping away loudly in their own language, which again p$ssed me off because we could not hear what the guide was telling us. I stood up, looked directly at this noisy group and called out loudly "Shut up!" The result was absolute silence (again) and sitting down by this lot. The remainder of the ride was peaceful and enjoyable.

It can be done, particularly if there are more farang around than asian - safety in numbers!  ????

I do the same but not when i'm with my wife cause she doesn't like it....she's ashamed for it.

I've seen chinese jumping queue;s at immigration several times (at Swampy and Changi) but then the IO started yelling very loud to them and sent them off to the back of the queue...At Changi they used the line for disabled tourists and also got sent back very loud.

One day at Swampy i was in the queue and a chinese man was pushing me all the time and eventually passed me....then i acted like he tried to steal my wallet and yelled loud to him that i'm not stupid and he shouldn't try to steal from me...i made a scene of it on purpose to make him feel ashamed and that worked well, he stayed a meter behind me after that.

But those Chinese are not used to get corrected, (just like the Thai) and think they can get away with everything. Well try me, i know how to do it now and will also do it to a whole group.

Last week i was in the plane where the chinese group wouldn't sit down...they kept on busy with their handluggage and running to their friends so other passengers couldn't board and they caused a long queue..i justs yelled to them that they have to sit down now and let others pass...they all didn't know how to react but they listened for 3 minutes and after that started walking again.

Also their group had taken all the benches at the gate and put their luggage on the seats while they were shopping...there were no more seats left (A380 plane) so i just put some luggage on the floor and went sitting there...when they came back they didn't dare to speak to me, took their bags and walked off...perfect.

2 hours ago, Thian said:

http://wojournals.com/top-20-most-dangerous-countries-in-the-world-for-tourists.html

Thailand is as safe as Europe.....so stop spreading fake news please.

9d2b2660b8.jpg

Its TAT that are saying Thailand is safer now,I just want to know what changes have

been made,printing a handbook ?, 

regards Worgeordie

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Its TAT that are saying Thailand is safer now,I just want to know what changes have

been made,printing a handbook ?, 

regards Worgeordie

Don't forget TAT's idea of ID bracelets for tourists so their dead bodies can be easily identified for next of kin.

Archived