“X-Ray Outlaw Foreigners” operation: 1,000 illegals nabbed in Pathum Thani

webfact

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:
  8 hours ago, webfact said:

The report added that many of these women were unable to end these marriages, which had an adverse effect on their lives.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Oh and a record history of deliberatey doing a fraululent act would not ? 

This shouldn't surprise anyone who has lived in Thailand 6 months or more. This country lives and breathes on such double standards. If the foreigner hadn't offered the Thai women money, then the Thai women wouldn't have committed the fraudulent act. In their eyes, it's always the foreigner's fault.

I find it hard to argue with this crackdown, I wish the UK would do the same. There though, these folk wouldn't be deported, they'd be years going through various levels of courts, all paid for by the taxpayers, while being given benefits to live on. Then, if it looked like they might actually be deported, they'd just lose themselves in the population. 

Perhaps Big Joke could go over and teach a class on taking out the trash. <look, no smilie, I'm serious>

Don't get me wrong - rules are rules, but we know the rules to employ low level workers are way too complicated and find Thais to do the low level work not easy

If they catch scumbags doing bad, I say huraay... but most of these are poor people who never done any harm.

I hope step 2 is to catch the hundreds of thousands Thais working illegally overseas

24 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I find it hard to argue with this crackdown, I wish the UK would do the same. There though, these folk wouldn't be deported, they'd be years going through various levels of courts, all paid for by the taxpayers, while being given benefits to live on. Then, if it looked like they might actually be deported, they'd just lose themselves in the population. 

Perhaps Big Joke could go over and teach a class on taking out the trash. <look, no smilie, I'm serious>

That's the difference

These people want to work hard to earn little money

The leaches back in EU don't want to work, they want to leach on hard working natives

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So if the pic shows all these people are illegal for one reason or another I suspect that they must be working as apposed to living here on savings?

So this begs the question will all the employers in the area be found, fined or jailed for illegally employing foreign workers without correct documentation or is this just a one way street foreigners out while Thais go free !!!!!

Of course.

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

....I wish the US would do the same.......of course those that would impose the rules would be called many names.....kinda like kids on the play ground when I was growing up....now adults play by the same 'rules'.

Huh ? Allowing them to stay AND work ?

With the crackdown on illegal foreigners in full swing, the Thai News Agency published a scoop on October 18-19 related to marriages of convenience between South Asian men and Thai women. The report said since 2015, there have been over 3,500 such marriages, allowing the men to stay and work in Thailand, the report said.

49 minutes ago, meinphuket said:

Huh ? Allowing them to stay AND work ?

With the crackdown on illegal foreigners in full swing, the Thai News Agency published a scoop on October 18-19 related to marriages of convenience between South Asian men and Thai women. The report said since 2015, there have been over 3,500 such marriages, allowing the men to stay and work in Thailand, the report said.

Of course all BS unless they had the correct extensions of stay and a WP issued, which it can be if the extension of stay is based on marriage to a Thai.

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So if the pic shows all these people are illegal for one reason or another I suspect that they must be working as apposed to living here on savings?

So this begs the question will all the employers in the area be found, fined or jailed for illegally employing foreign workers without correct documentation or is this just a one way street foreigners out while Thais go free !!!!!

Such a unpleasant question to ask….:giggle:

Archived