Jump to content

Man Killed by Wild Boar


geovalin

Recommended Posts

An enraged wild boar attacked and killed a man after his dog chased it in a forest in Koh Kong province’s Thmor Baing district. Bun Chanthorn, warrant officer at Thmor Baing district police, said the victim died instantly at the scene after the attack.

 

“It happened in Tatey Leu commune,” he said. The wild boar attacked him and killed him instantly at the scene and his body has been delivered to the family.” The provincial police report identified the victim as Srun Chea, 47.

 

It noted that at around 7am today, the victim was crossing the forest with his daughter and dog to collect fish from his fishing net in a rice field. The report said the dog spotted the boar and chased after it, causing it to go after its master instead.

 

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50543670/man-killed-by-wild-boar/

 

 
khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 25/10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Just Weird said:

Going to check his fishing nets was hardly being a hunter, so, neither karma nor irony.

 Ok, let's just call it nature making a  payback. Still could have been karma though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Not that, either. The dog was responsible not the owner. 

The owner is responsible for the behaviour of the dog. If the dog attacked a child who would be responsible?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Going to check his fishing nets was hardly being a hunter, so, neither karma nor irony.

Right. No-one who knows chases a wild boar. Very nasty. Tend to gore you in the femoral artery. Lights out in 5 min.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

Right. No-one who knows chases a wild boar. Very nasty. Tend to gore you in the femoral artery. Lights out in 5 min.

When I was a boy we hunted wild boar with knives and our dogs all the time.  Google "Young Drew gets him a nice hog in Arkansas" or "Little Missouri Wild Boar Knife Hunt" 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

No such thing as Nature. Leave kindergarten and look around.

No such thing as nature? Your education is sadly lacking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, marcusarelus said:

When I was a boy we hunted wild boar with knives and our dogs all the time.  Google "Young Drew gets him a nice hog in Arkansas" or "Little Missouri Wild Boar Knife Hunt" 

 

 

Is this the same time you wrassled wild grizzlies just for fun?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a dog chase a bear towards me and at about 50 yards the bear veered off because I popped one at the dog to chase it away. Dogs dont belong unleashed in the wilderness where there are things that bite.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Where I grew up men were men. 

A boy sticks a knife in a poor creature being held down by a man. Sorry, don't see anything heroic about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

A boy sticks a knife in a poor creature being held down by a man. Sorry, don't see anything heroic about that.

Poor creature?  Nonsense.  Have you ever hunted a wild boar or is the closest you ever got your morning bacon?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Poor creature?  Nonsense.  Have you ever hunted a wild boar or is the closest you ever got your morning bacon?

 

The boar is on it's last legs and being held down by the man when the hero sticks his knife in it. I don't know how you can make something manly out of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, giddyup said:

The boar is on it's last legs and being held down by the man when the hero sticks his knife in it. I don't know how you can make something manly out of that.

If you had ever been near a wild boar you might understand.  They weigh 200 pounds, have razor sharp tusks and can kill you in a heartbeat. 

boar.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You go kill a wild boar with a knife and then tell me about sheep.  Why are you guys always so jealous of a real man?

Maybe I don't consider killing animals for fun the mark of a "real man", and anyone that gets injured or killed in the process has it coming. You can take your Ernest Hemingway attitude and relegate it to the archives.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, geovalin said:

The wild boar attacked him and killed him instantly at the scene and his body has been delivered to the family.

Nice wild boar, made home delivery of the dead body....

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Not that, either. The dog was responsible not the owner. 

RIP the poor bugger and send out a search party to despatch the perp for the wake 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

You go kill a wild boar with a knife and then tell me about sheep.  Why are you guys always so jealous of a real man?

Real men 😂. The dogs have almost killed the boar before you pull out your Bowie knife and put it out of its misery. Nothing manly there to see really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...